Social Media & Marketing Associate
Salary range is for candidates based in the New York City Metropolitan area. Outside of the NYC metro, we differentiate salaries based on location.
It is customary for entry-level candidates to join Women’s World Banking at the lower half of the range to leave room for candidates to grow, expand, and develop in the role. It is common for starting salaries to fall in the mid-point of the range for more experienced candidates. We negotiate actual salaries with final candidates based on their exact location, experience in similar roles, and expertise related to the qualifications.
This role is not eligible for hire in Colorado, USA.
Women’s World Banking is looking for a Social Media & Marketing Associate to develop social media content, track and report on success metrics, create compelling and on-brand social media graphics, and use data and social listening to identify and cultivate our peers, partners, and funders, and track and engage with industry trends. This role sits on the Marketing & Communications team and reports to the Digital Marketing & Engagement Specialist.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the Digital Marketing & Engagement Specialist in developing the Organization’s digital engagement strategy encompassing campaigning, storytelling, and brand building as we strengthen Women’s World Banking’s reputation to empower low-income women around the world through financial inclusion.
- Schedule and deliver digital content that fits within the Digital Marketing & Engagement social media strategy and Women’s World Banking’s overall content strategy.
- Understand and report on social media channels for industry trends, ensuring the right platforms are being utilized for Women’s World banking deliverables
- Support community management in two ways:
- Interact with social media followers and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Develop individual social media lists containing Women’s World Banking’s peers, partners, funders, investors, network members, and fellow advocates and influencers to track and engage with industry trends.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly Communications reporting.
- Create compelling and on-brand social media graphics (including animations/GIFs).
- Support in a wide range of Communications activities, including the production of marketing materials, updating reports and presentations, conducting relevant research on industry trends and relevant events/speaking opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in digital marketing or marketing communications
- Excellent communication, presentation, proofreading and copywriting skills
- Deep understanding of social media platforms and historical, current, and upcoming trends in the social media space
- Understanding of SEO techniques and use of Google Analytics
- Knowledge of marketing tools such as Sprout Social and Pardot
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite to design graphics
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint to create user-friendly and design-driven decks
- Experience in developing and implementing content across all digital platforms
- Attention to detail and brand consistency
- Well-organized and able to work independently, remotely, across time-zones with global and regional teams
- Passion for women’s economic empowerment through financial inclusion
- Experience in working with global nonprofits (especially focused on gender equality)
- Experience in video editing (Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Experience in working with or knowledge around Public Relations
Measure of Success
Within the first 75 days:
- Construct a two-month social media schedule for Women's World Banking's platforms
- Gain knowledge of Women’s World Banking’s overall strategy
- Build a digital library of Women's World Banking branded resources, including templates for social media graphics and invitations
- Develop individual social media lists containing Women’s World Banking’s peers, partners, funders, investors, network members, and fellow advocates and influencers to monitor and participate in industry developments.
We offer comprehensive benefits including:
- Competitive salary & top tier benefits
- 15+ paid time off days in addition to paid sick days and holidays
- Company closes for two paid Mental Health and Rejuvenation Weeks per year (July & December)
- 401(k) with employer match / pension contributions where applicable
- Company paid professional development opportunities
- Flexible work options available, including work from home options (outside of fieldwork)
About Women's World Banking
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
For over 40 years, Women’s World Banking has partnered with financial institutions, showing them the benefit of investing in women as customers. We equip these institutions with in-depth research and data driven insights to develop financial products and educational programs. While our clients are financial service providers, our mission is to engage consumers – women who are marginalized by financial systems.
Women’s World Banking and WWB Asset Management is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.