Specialist, Advisory Services, South Asia
Women’s World Banking is looking for a team member to join a forward thinking, cross-functional, high-performing, collaborative team focused on delivering innovative customer experiences, banking services and products, that create business and customer value to serve low-income women.
You will use data, insights and market intelligence to design customer-centric outreach & engagement solutions that solve financial inclusion problems for low income women in India.
The ideal candidate has experience in working with low-income/ rural customers in financial services, FMCG, telecom and related service industries. Must be a strategic thinker with the ability to see the big picture and propose new ideas for ways of improving reach & engagement of financial inclusion solutions in India. Projects may vary in number, size and complexity.
Roles and Responsibilities
Develop innovative customer centric solutions that focus on reaching & engaging low-income women customers.
- Identify practical solutions to that enable us to reach more women customers – above the line through cost effective channels or below the line through retail outlets, branches, community camps etc.
- Design engagement solutions that increase financial literacy, the awareness of financial products and increase uptake and engagement of women with their financial service providers.
Use Market & Customer Insights:
- Analyze data, understand customer & channel behavior to suggest interventions and suitable actions. Track and analyze customer engagement key metrics across various aspects of the project.
Drive adoption of marketing solutions:
- Use own experience & strategic partners to drive the execution of customer reach & engagement solutions for successful project results.
- Work directly with last mile channel / partners to implement solutions in field
- Track & improve these solutions via data driven process to prove effectiveness, viability and scalability of solutions in field.
- Establish relationships and work with a cross-functional teams (internal , vendors and partner bank’s) to ensure timely delivery of milestones.
- Coordinate among various external support organisations such as last mile agencies (communications, design, marketing, training, agents etc.) to drive project success.
- 8-10 years of work experience with at least 4-5 years exposure to lending business at Financial Institution
- Interest in the field of financial inclusion, including gender
- Must be willing to travel extensively & be willing to operate in field within India
- Fluency in English, a must.
- Demonstrated ability to execute and successfully achieve objectives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with aggressive timelines;
- Ability to present fact-based recommendations in a clear, logical and concise way to tell a story with the data;
- Proven collaborative, negotiation, and persuasion skills;
- Proven relationship management experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; and ability to work with remote teams.
Measure of Success
Within the first 75 days:
- Assume full responsibility of the position;
- Embrace Women’s World Banking’s core values and desired behaviors- – Think Big, Own and commit to it, Smarter together
- Learn and comprehend the Women’s World Banking business model;
- Become trained in and fully integrate the use of Women’s World Banking systems and policies into your day-to-day activities;
We offer comprehensive benefits including:
- Competitive salary & top tier benefits
- 15+ paid time off days in addition to paid sick days and holidays
- Company closes for two paid Mental Health and Rejuvenation Weeks per year (July & December)
- 401(k) with employer match / pension contributions where applicable
- Company paid professional development opportunities
- Flexible work options available, including work from home options (outside of fieldwork)
About Women's World Banking
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
For over 40 years, Women’s World Banking has partnered with financial institutions, showing them the benefit of investing in women as customers. We equip these institutions with in-depth research and data driven insights to develop financial products and educational programs. While our clients are financial service providers, our mission is to engage consumers – women who are marginalized by financial systems.
Women’s World Banking and WWB Asset Management is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.