Specialist, Advisory Services, Southeast Asia
Women’s World Banking is looking for a Specialist, Advisory Services, to join a forward thinking, high-performing, collaborative, agile, and fast-paced team focused on delivering innovative customer experiences, banking services and products that create business and customer value to serve low-income women.
S/He will support the Advisory Service Lead to provide advisory services to enable our client-partners to effectively reach and serve low-income women with relevant financial services. S/He will manage project work plans and deliverables, as well as meet project milestones and targets in order to ensure delivery of project results on time and on budget. S/He will be responsible for internal and external communications, including reporting to international funders.
The ideal candidate will have a background in financial services (banking/Fintech/Insurance/e-commerce) and/or financial services consulting, with experience in building and/or delivering solution or strategy to promote particular products or services for customer acquisition or activation. S/He must be a strategic thinker with the ability to see the big picture and propose new ideas for ways of engaging the target audience through innovative & customer-centric solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead and support multiple advisory/solution projects activity in Southeast Asia simultaneously to achieve project deliverables in timely manner, independently and/or collaboratively as a team. The project activities include overall project planning, coordination and monitoring, research and analysis, ideation to generate ideas, prototyping, user-testing, pilot and pilot monitoring, and rollout recommendation and implementation.
- Together with the team to design effective and commercially viable solutions using human and user-centered design approach to achieve project KPIs.
- Identify (potential) risks and making necessary decisions in ambiguous, fast-paced situations in coordination with the Project Lead and/or team.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the partner (Financial Service Provider) and any relevant stakeholders related to the project.
- Lead/support knowledge management activity related to the project, including documenting detail project activities and learnings, blogs/article writing, report writing, internal/external knowledge sharing through different avenues.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide critical contribution to other projects/programs beyond the Advisory projects but particularly in Southeast Asia (e.g. research, policy advocacy, training program, etc.), as well as to aligns with overall organization operations/activities to provide excellent service delivery for client-partners.
- Develop a strong understanding of financial inclusion landscape in SEA particularly Indonesia, Cambodia and Vietnam, specifically for the low-income women, to develop ideas/solutions that can increase women’s financial inclusion.
- Undergraduate or MBA, MPP, master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- 6-8+ years of total work experience ideally in financial services (bank or non-bank), or consulting firm with experience of work related to financial services/inclusion project.
- Strong project management skills with minimum 3 years of experience in consulting and/or a project-based role, including ability to deliver multiple projects/tasks at the same time.
- Experience in applied design thinking process, including customer (behavioral) research (qualitative) and analysis, ideation, prototyping, and user testing to develop effective and commercially viable solutions.
- Experience/knowledge in (customer/market) qualitative research and analysis.
- Experience in commercial and business data analysis
- Strong communication skills, which include writing and presentation skill.
- Ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders at all levels in an organization.
- Must be willing to travel within Indonesia, including other countries in Southeast Asia
- Fluency in English and Indonesian is a must
- Interest in the field of financial inclusion, including gender.
- Familiar with financial services products and services such as savings, loans, remittances.
- Experience work, in general or to design solution, towards low income people/women in general, micro and small business owners, migrant workers, unpaid worker.
- Passionate and/or experience working in an NGO or development-related work.
- Demonstrated ability to execute and successfully achieve objectives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with aggressive timelines.
- Intellectual curiosity demonstrated in creative problem solving and solution-seeking.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; as well as to work in a (remote) team.
- Work experience in a diverse, multi-cultural global organization
Measure of Success
- Assume full responsibilities of the position
- Demonstrate understanding and capability to support/lead SEA Advisory portfolio.
- Embrace and demonstrate Women’s World Banking’s values – Think Big, Own and Commit to It. Smarter together
- Learn and comprehend Women’s World Banking’s business model
- Fully integrate into both Advisory Services and Southeast Asia team
We offer comprehensive benefits including:
- Competitive salary & top tier benefits
- 15+ paid time off days in addition to paid sick days and holidays
- Company closes for two paid Mental Health and Rejuvenation Weeks per year (July & December)
- 401(k) with employer match / pension contributions where applicable
- Company paid professional development opportunities
- Flexible work options available, including work from home options (outside of fieldwork)
About Women's World Banking
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
For over 40 years, Women’s World Banking has partnered with financial institutions, showing them the benefit of investing in women as customers. We equip these institutions with in-depth research and data driven insights to develop financial products and educational programs. While our clients are financial service providers, our mission is to engage consumers – women who are marginalized by financial systems.
Women’s World Banking and WWB Asset Management is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.