- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
Behavioral Design Specialist
Title: Behavorial Design Specialist
Reports to: Director, Design and Innovation
Location: New York, New York
Start Date: Immediate
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
For more than 35 years, Women’s World Banking has partnered with financial institutions, showing them the benefit of investing in women as customers. We equip these institutions with in-depth research and data driven insights to develop financial products and educational programs. While our clients are financial service providers, our mission is to engage consumers – women who are marginalized by financial systems.
Women’s World Banking is seeking an innovative, energetic and multifaceted Behavorial Design Specialist to drive our financial solutions design agenda, build out our ideation, prototyping and user testing toolkit, and further establish Women’s World Banking as a thought leader and industry expert in designing innovative financial inclusion solutions for low-income women in emerging markets.
The Specialist will be responsible for driving the design aspects of Women’s World Banking developing commercially viable solutions for women’s financial inclusion. S/he will also lead workshops and trainings on effective design for behavioral change as part of our leadership, diversity and innovation programs. S/he will use their design expertise to help shape the scope of our engagements, lead design projects and develop the design capabilities of our broader team.
The ideal candidate will be able to effectively use a spectrum of design techniques and methodologies to develop highly effective design solutions for impact and scale. S/he will represent Women’s World Banking in relevant conferences and speaking engagements to share behavioral research and design insights and their applicability, thereby influencing and enhancing the dialogue around women-centered design and financial inclusion.
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Be a mission-aligned self-starter, and a creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Bring best practices in behavioral research and design;
- Lead design engagements from customer behavioral research to prototyping, and user testing; Be able to quickly identify behavioral change levers;
- Incorporate clear understanding of business needs in the design process;
- Convey behavioral research and design principles in workshops and trainings;
- Seamlessly integrate with the research and products teams to deliver effective women-centered design solutions; and
- Share knowledge and develop the design and innovation capacity of the team.
- Project management with cross-functional teams and strategic partnerships;
- Culturally sophisticated interpersonal skills;
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage responsibility with integrity and tact;
- Working knowledge of research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative data analysis and statistics;
- Fluency in English required; Spanish / French / Hindi a plus;
- A sense of humor and poise under pressure; and
- Willingness to take on significant travel to emerging markets.
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Behavioral Economics, or related fields;
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in applied design, including customer behavioral research, ideation, prototyping, and user testing;
- Working knowledge of graphic design software; and
- Experience working with low-income populations in emerging markets and/or experience with women’s economic and empowerment issues.
Within the First 75 Days:
- Demonstrate your command of the position;
- Build a strong working relationship across teams;
- Embrace Women’s World Banking’s unique characteristics and offerings;
- Learn and comprehend Women’s World Banking’s business model;
- Become trained in and fully integrate the use of Women’s World Banking systems and policies into your day-to-day activities; and
- Develop a road map to achieve targets and deliverables for the year.
- Cover letter
- Design portfolio
Women’s World Banking is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.