- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
Title: Development Associate
Reports to: Director, Development and Partner Engagement
Location: New York, NY
Start Date: Immediate
Women’s World Banking is seeking an exceptional Associate to support ongoing fundraising efforts and donor relations. This individual must have a commitment to the highest level of professionalism and communication. This entry level position will be considered a vital member of the organization.
- Implement day-to-day administrative needs of department;
- Manage gift processing and donor acknowledgements;
- Develop donor pipeline by identifying and researching prospects aligned with our mission;
- Ensure data integrity, maintenance and departmental use of Salesforce;
- Design, run and monitor performance against targets reports in Salesforce;
- Prepare materials as required, including PowerPoint presentations and analytical reports;
- Work with other departments to ensure proposals are on-strategy, aligned with the organization’s business needs and telling a compelling story;
- Support logistics for:
- Donor-related events including an annual benefit for 300 people as well as small donor events in multiple cities; work closely with the Development team to create strong donor experiences to enhance engagement with Women’s World Banking;
- Other events and engagements as needed;
- Support team in scheduling and managing itineraries for domestic/international travel and events; and
- Coordinate the timely preparation of any materials required to support meetings and grant proposals. Ensure that materials are prepared and reviewed for accuracy and available when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years’ professional experience;
- Knowledge of or proficiency in Salesforce;
- Experience in event planning;
- Experience with scheduling and managing complex, fluid itineraries for occasional international and domestic travel/events;
- Outstanding abilities to prioritize, analyze, synthesize, organize and effectively manage multiple competing tasks with excellent attention to details and follow-through;
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Proven ability to produce high-quality presentation materials; possess advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills; capacity to work effectively in teams and in diverse settings; and
- Possess a high degree of self-initiative and resourcefulness; able to work independently as well as collaboratively; able to trouble shoot and solve problems.
- Fluency in Spanish, Arabic, and/or French.
Within the first 75 days:
- Embrace Women’s World Banking’s unique characteristics and offerings so he/she will be able to uncover conferences where Women’s World Banking’s presence will be aligned;
- Become trained in and fully integrate the use of Salesforce into your day-to-day activities; and
- Demonstrate full competency for the responsibilities of the position.
About Women’s World Banking
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
Our approach is to solve for market gaps which inhibit the financial inclusion of women. We identify barriers through intensive market research and produce commercially viable solutions through women-centered design which can be scaled for maximum impact. Our work is further amplified through our influencer strategies and global network of professional institutions.
Women’s World Banking is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. EOE M/F/V/D