- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
WOMEN’S WORLD BANKING
In order for more low-income women to have access to financial products than ever before, Women’s World Banking works closely with its global network of 49 financial institutions from 31 countries to create new credit, savings, and insurance products specifically designed for the unique needs of low-income women.
Institutions in our network are committed to serving women as clients, innovators and leaders. Women’s World Banking has found new ways to help women build financial safety nets, by showing a broader range of financial institutions how to move beyond traditional microfinance to provide financial products that include savings and insurance.
Development & Partner Engagement
RATIONAL OR PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Women’s World Banking would like the assistance of a volunteer to support the activities of the Development Team, in particular relating to prospecting, research, event & management support, and donor stewardship. While the activities will focus on these areas of interest, the volunteer may support on additional development team activities as needed. The opportunity is unpaid.
SCOPE OF WORK and RESPONSIBILITIES
The Volunteer will be responsible for activities including, but not limited to:
- Update research on funding mechanisms, cycles and donor strategies of key bi- and multilateral prospects
- Researching prospective funding/partnership opportunities for Women’s World Banking project areas including products, research and leadership;
- Researching and preparing briefings on current and prospective donors;
- Researching relevant “industry” events for attendance by development staff
- Assisting in maintaining the database (Salesforce), including creating and
updating constituent records, performing data integrity checks and capturing historical data;
- Gathering data on relationship history with funders/prospects
- Providing support on fundraising events;
- Drafting letters and e-mails to current donors;
- Support with preparation of power point presentations; and
- Other projects as necessary
MONITORING DURING THE ASSIGNMENT
The Volunteer will report directly to the leader of the Development and Partner Engagement Team.
RESOURCES AND SUPPORT DURING THE ASSIGNMENT
The Volunteer will interact daily with the Associate and Managers of the Development & Partner Engagement team. The Volunteer will have access to the full suite of Women’s World Banking information resources with daily on-the-job training on use of Women’s World Banking databases and information. The Volunteer will also have access to interact with Women’s World Banking’s Global team on cross-team projects when necessary. The Volunteer will be given a shared space at Women’s World Banking headquarters in New York City.
The Volunteer will be evaluated by the Development team at the end of the assignment.
- Working towards a related undergraduate/graduate degree;
- Demonstrated interest in international development landscape;
- Professional and responsible demeanor;
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team;
- Strong research skills and interest in international development;
- Strong writing and communication skills;
- Interest in learning the details of development and fundraising;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Database experience is a plus; Salesforce experience preferred;
- Demonstrated interest in women’s economic empowerment; and
- Creativity and own initiative is appreciated