- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
Title: Finance Associate
Reports to: Director of Accounting
Location: New York, NY
Start Date: Immediate
Reporting to the Director of Accounting, this position is responsible for providing overall support to Women’s World Banking’s finance team, which is currently comprised of a CFAO, Director of Accounting and Compliance Associate. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support in multiple areas, including accounting, budgeting, compliance, procurement, financial analysis and human resources. The team is responsible for supporting the annual accounts and budgets for Women’s World Banking, including a $12 – $15 million operating budget, $35 million in assets, and a for-profit subsidiary asset management company responsible for a $50 million social impact private equity fund.
- Process and review expense requisitions and staff reimbursement reports;
- Prepare bank deposits; bank statement reconciliations and follow up on un-cleared transactions;
- Provide external financial reporting and variance analysis to funders;
- Create invoices and monitor accounts receivables;
- Prepare the annual 1096 and 1099s Forms;
- Provide finance related support to Fundraising and Programmatic departments;
- Assist with the compliance and procurement process;
- Ensure accurate data entry of financial transactions;
- Support the maintenance and development of budgets; monthly and year end closing process and monthly timesheet process;
- Contribute to the preparation of financial analytics including annual budget, cash flow analysis, budget versus actual, timesheet utilization, project profitability; and
- Occasionally supports Human Resources department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or other related field with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role;
- Strong interpersonal, motivation, organization, attention-to-detail and multi-tasking skills;
- Demonstrate exceptional quantitative/problem solving skills; solid working knowledge of finance and accounting principles;
- Excellent analytical and financial reporting skills;
- Advance level of Excel, overall computer literacy (Word, PowerPoint);
- Ability to work in an often fast-pace environment with potential tight deadlines; and
- The ability to travel internationally up to 10% if required.
- Non-profit experience with a variety of domestic and international donors/clients (foundations, governments, multilaterals, etc.) is strongly preferred
- Experience with Intacct and Nexonia is a plus
- Fluency in Spanish, Arabic, and/or French is a plus
Within the first 75 days:
- Embrace Women’s World Banking’s core values and desired behaviors;
- Learn Women’s World Banking’s finance procedures and policies;
- Become trained/fully integrate the use of current systems/policies into day-to-day activities; and
- Forge strong relationships with key staff and Executive Leadership Team members.
About Women’s World Banking
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
Our approach is to solve for market gaps which inhibit the financial inclusion of women. We identify barriers through intensive market research and produce commercially viable solutions through women-centered design which can be scaled for maximum impact. Our work is further amplified through our influencer strategies and global network of professional institutions.
Women’s World Banking is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. EOE M/F/V/D