- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
Project Manager (Assistant PM, PM, & Senior PM)
Title: Project Manager (Assistant PM, PM, & Senior PM)
Reporting to: Head of Implementation
Location: New York, New York
Start Date: Immediate
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
For more than 35 years, Women’s World Banking has partnered with financial institutions, showing them the benefit of investing in women as customers and leaders. We equip these institutions with in-depth research and data driven insights to develop financial products and educational programs. While our clients are financial service providers, our mission is to engage consumers – women who are marginalized by financial systems.
Women’s World Banking is seeking various levels of Project Managers to join our Project Management Office within our Implementation team. It will be the Project Manager’s responsibility to effectively support, and in certain instances lead, various initiatives across the organization.
The ideal candidates will come with various levels of experience, but share a common desire to deliver with purpose, efficiency, and completeness. Experience may be drawn upon from all industries.
Our organizational objective is to understand market needs and trends in emerging markets, and align those findings with the needs and opportunities of our clients to increase their market share and profitability, while ultimately resulting in more women being served with enhanced financial services.
Our goal for this team is to primarily support programmatic activities, but have some opportunities to work with all departments across Women’s World Banking. This team will staff and support various initiatives based on demand and need, with a priority of staffing billable projects. Project Managers are expected to be versatile and have the ability to be assigned to multiple projects at once.
Project Managers will have the opportunity to staff initiatives under:
- Market and Gender Research – understanding and projecting trends in key markets, performance monitoring, and publications;
- Innovation and Design – using creative, rapid design and solution development to meet the market needs of our clients serving women;
- Implementation – working with our clients to rapidly test and refine market solutions;
- Strategic Advisory – closing deals with key partners and assisting clients in adopting our market solutions;
- WWB Asset Management – manages our $50 million social impact fund;
- Marketing and Communications – enhancing our brand position and amplifying the distribution of our solutions; and
- Strategy and Network Association – monitoring, evaluating, and adjusting our corporate strategy to maximize impact; recruit and lead a professional Network Association of like-minded institutions committed to the financial inclusion of women.
- Fundraising – selling the value of our work and securing financial resources from various donors and investors; and
- Corporate Finance – maximizing business strategies and resources to achieve the highest level of ROI of our assets.
Project Managers will report directly to the head of Implementation and be assigned to project leads as required.
Within the first 75 days:
- Embrace Women’s World Banking’s unique characteristics and offerings in order to best support our mission;
- Learn and comprehend the Women’s World Banking business model;
- Establish yourself as a qualified and trustworthy teammate and project manager;
- Become trained and fully integrate the use of Salesforce into your day-to-day activities; and
- Demonstrate your command for the position.
- Assemble and monitor project plans, including staffing and timelines;
- Develop and adhere to budgets;
- Oversee procurement and compliance;
- Manage regular communication with project stakeholders;
- Provide timely reports;
- Make recommendations to enhance delivery of projects;
- Identify risk and escalate as required;
- Produce effective PowerPoints for internal and external use;
- Lead project deliverables or work streams as assigned by project lead;
- Eagerly learn, share, and grow;
- Build relationships with internal and external partners; and
- Ensure team proposals speak to clients’ needs and objectives and ensure alignment with Women’s World Banking strategy.
Various Skills & Attributes of the Team
- Collaborative team player who is an astute listener, a self-starter, and independent thinker with significant personal ambition and sense of urgency to make business and social impact within the financial inclusion community;
- Ability to quickly isolate problems, articulate them, and quickly implement solutions;
- Excellent analytical skills, and the ability to synthesize data and information to provide a high-level view which is accessible to a range of audiences;
- Proficient financial modeler;
- Strong writing skills and ability to capture both large volumes of data and cogent key insights that can be clearly communicated to different audiences;
- Supports a culture of excellence, openness, and the encouragement of new ideas;
- Willingness to ask for help;
- Is not afraid to fail and learn;
- Impeccable communication capabilities and instincts, understanding and applying formality or familiarity in appearance, speech and approach where appropriate; and
- Intellectual curiosity with demonstrated ability to seek creative solutions.
- Senior Project Manager – 7+ years of progressive project management experience; demonstrated ability to work independently; successful track record of leading small initiatives;
- Project Manager – 3-7 years of proven project management experience; demonstration of growth in responsibility; successful track record of supporting initiatives;
- Assistant Project Manager – 1-2 years of general project management experience; strong coordination and logistical support; willingness to take on anything;
- Track record of superior creativity and problem solving abilities;
- Strong project management skills and respect for meeting tight deadlines;
- Proven collaborative, negotiation, and persuasion skills;
- Impeccable presentation, verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience with and a level of comfort in working across departments;
- Aptitude for a fast pace, diverse work environment;
- Ability to work with remote teams; and
- Willingness to take on significant travel to emerging markets.
- Exposure to commercial and retail business models;
- Experience in research, ideation, creative agencies, finance, financial modeling, consulting, events management, social impact investing, fundraising, etc.;
- Fluency in Spanish, Arabic, and/or French.
When applying for this opportunity, please indicate in your cover letter which level of Project Manager you would like to be considered for.
About Women’s World Banking
Women’s World Banking is the global non-profit devoted to giving more low-income women access to the financial tools and resources essential to their security and prosperity. For more than 35 years we have worked with financial institutions to show them the benefit of investing in women as clients, and as leaders. We equip these institutions to meet women’s needs through authoritative market research, leadership training, sustainable financial products and consumer education. Headquartered in New York, Women’s World Banking works with 40 institutions in 29 countries with a reach of 16 million women to create access to finance on a greater scale than ever before.
Women’s World Banking is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.