- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
Manager, Development and Partner Engagement
Title: Manager, Development and Partner Engagement
Reports to: Director, Development and Partner Engagement
Location: New York, NY
Start Date: Immediate
Women’s World Banking is seeking an experienced fundraiser responsible for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship for a diverse portfolio of corporations, foundations and bi/multi-lateral agencies. In addition, manages a portfolio of restricted and unrestricted funding annually and maintaining a schedule of contacts.
- Develops and maintains a donor base and partnerships (corporations, foundations, bi/multi-laterals, NGOs, etc) by researching organizations in relevant markets for alignment and resources to pursue, making initial contact with organizations and “selling” Women’s World Banking;
- Provide a powerful message to ensure donations, grants and gifts are received;
- Develops and implements pipeline growth strategy supported by relevant research and action plan;
- Develops and manages documentation by producing quality concept notes/grant proposals including the internal review of documents and preparing final documents for submission in coordination with the Proposal Writer;
- Monitors overall activity by managing the existing grants calendar, tracking grant reporting requirements, monitoring and managing grant award processes and overseeing preparation of required progress reports in coordination with the staff Compliance team;
- Participates in cross-functional teams by working with Marketing & Communications to effectively communicate the brand identity and Women’s World Banking’s value proposition to donors; and
- Working with Event staff to secure corporation, foundation participation and sponsorship, working with Programs to develop proposal content and donor reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business/international relations discipline;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in direct business development or fundraising with demonstrated track record of successfully achieving fundraising targets;
- Strong interpersonal, organization, problem-solving, planning and multi-tasking skills are required;
- Strong computer literacy (word processing, spreadsheet, database, SalesForce) also required;
- Ability to work collaboratively and interact effectively with people of other cultures, abilities and socio-economic backgrounds;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Ability to speak eloquently to a wide variety of audiences about our work; and
- Ability to work deal with stress, high pressure and tight deadlines
- Fluency in Spanish, Arabic, and/or French.
Within the first 75 days:
- Embrace Women’s World Banking’s core values and desired behaviors;
- Embrace Women’s World Banking’s unique characteristics and offerings to be able to market them to potential donors and sponsors;
- Learn and comprehend the Women’s World Banking brand, business model, and financial needs;
- Use priority markets identified in the corporate strategy to complete significant research in identifying new partners and donors, feeding into the fundraising strategy;
- Become trained and fully integrated in the use of Salesforce and other systems;
- Establish and strengthen existing relationships with current partners; and
- Develop opportunities for strategic alliance, joint initiatives and public-private partnerships.
About Women’s World Banking
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
Our approach is to solve for market gaps which inhibit the financial inclusion of women. We identify barriers through intensive market research and produce commercially viable solutions through women-centered design which can be scaled for maximum impact. Our work is further amplified through our influencer strategies and global network of professional institutions.
Women’s World Banking is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. EOE M/F/V/D