- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
Private Equity Investment Analyst, WWB Asset Management (WAM)
Title: Private Equity Investment Analyst
Company: WWB Asset Management (WAM)
Reports to: Investment Officer – WAM
Location: New York, NY
Start Date: Immediate
WWB Asset Management (WAM) is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Investment Analyst (“IA”) with strong analytical skills to join its private equity impact investment team. The Investment Analyst will conduct financial analysis on portfolio companies and prospective investments, as well as perform sector and market research and support the investment team as needed. WAM is also launching a follow-on fund.
About WWB Asset Management (WAM)
WAM is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Women’s World Banking. It manages the Women’s World Banking impact investment program, specifically as the co-manager of the WWB Capital Partners Fund. The WWB Capital Partners Fund is a Delaware limited partnership whose goal is to make direct minority equity impact investments in high-performing, women-focused, inclusive financial institutions worldwide in accordance with the investment program established by Women’s World Banking. Women’s World Banking’s Capital Partners Fund is co-managed by Women’s World Banking Asset Management and Triodos Investment Management.
- Support portfolio management and reporting on private investments held in WAM-managed funds;
- Build and analyze financial models, including IRR analyses, business model projections and fund performance models;
- Support investment team in analyzing financial statements, conducting desktop due diligence, researching markets and sectors; undertaking risk assessments, and preparing valuation analyses and investment proposals;
- Support in preparing quarterly monitoring reports and financial statements, as well as annual financial and social performance reports for presentation to the investment committee;
- Prepare basic fund marketing materials;
- Assist in record-keeping and reconciliation of financial statements for accountant and auditors, and provide other administrative support; and
- Participate in and provide support for the ongoing management of each investment.
Within the first 75 days:
- Embrace our core values and desired behaviors;
- Develop familiarity with Women’s World Banking and WWB Asset Management organization, policies and procedures;
- Take ownership of reporting on the WWB Capital Partners Fund Limited Partners and its investment portfolio;
- Lead first stage analysis of new pipeline opportunities, including basic projections modeling; and
- Support team in investment proposals, record-keeping, and investment monitoring responsibilities.
- Minimum 2 years’ private equity, or investment banking experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economic or related major;
- Excellent financial modeling capabilities and the ability to support multiple projects with a keen attention to detail;
- Multi-lingual – English and Spanish strongly preferred; Arabic or French a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form, and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills;
- Self-motivated, self-directed with a positive attitude;
- Strong work ethic appropriate for a small, fast-paced, team-oriented organization;
- Passion for inclusive finance and women’s empowerment; and
- Familiarity with operation and regulation of financial institutions a plus;
About Women’s World Banking
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
For more than 35 years, Women’s World Banking has partnered with financial institutions, showing them the benefit of investing in women as customers. We equip these institutions with in-depth research and data driven insights to develop financial products and educational programs. While our clients are financial service providers, our mission is to engage consumers – women who are marginalized by financial systems.
Women’s World Banking and WWB Asset Management is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.