- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
Project Manager Fund Launch, WWB Asset Management (WAM)
Title: Project Manager Fund Launch
Company: WWB Asset Management (WAM)
Reporting to: Chief Investment Officer
Classification: Full-time, anticipated one-year assignment
Location: New York, New York
Start Date: Immediate
WWB Asset Management (WAM) is seeking an experienced, highly motivated project manager to drive the necessary actions which will result in the launch and first closing of our second private equity fund. This will require intensive project planning, resource management, and mobilization of key partners.
About WWB Asset Management (WAM)
WAM is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Women’s World Banking. It manages the Women’s World Banking impact investment program, specifically as the co-manager of the WWB Capital Partners Fund. The WWB Capital Partners Fund is a Delaware limited partnership whose goal is to make direct minority equity investments in high-performing, women-focused, MFIs worldwide in accordance with the investment program established by Women’s World Banking. Women’s World Banking’s Capital Partners Fund is co-managed by Women’s World Banking Asset Management and Triodos Investment Management.
- Support the follow-on fund structure design, legal and marketing material development, legal and regulatory applications, prospective investor outreach and communications, and closing process.
- Work directly with leadership, participate in project planning to define scope and timelines of various work streams (e.g. legal, marketing, roadshow, staffing, etc.) and utilize strong project management skills, stakeholder management experience, networking, and communication skills to see work streams through to completion;
- Coordinate outreach to potential investors as well as ongoing communication and exchange of information
- Facilitate planning sessions to build consensus among project team members regarding task definitions, sequencing and interrelationships within the project;
- Prepare and deliver project reports, customized dashboards, consolidated schedules, supporting documents, and presentations for program and project status meetings;
- Monitor project progress and manage changes to project scope, schedule, and costs;
- Track key performance indicators and create reports and presentations to be delivered to WAM and Women’s World Banking leadership and board and all relevant stakeholders;
- Establish relationships and collaborate with cross-functional team, both internal and external (e.g. legal counsel, transaction advisor, fund administrators) to understand and enhance processes, leverage existing content and materials, identify interdependencies and common issues, and share leading practices across initiatives;
- Support the development of job specs and recruiting for the expanding WAM team;
- Oversee procurement and compliance;
- Identify risk and escalate as required; and
- Produce effective PowerPoints, memos and spreadsheets for internal and external use.
Within the first 45 days:
- Embrace our core values and desired behaviors;
- Develop project plan and timeline and coordinate responsibilities between different team members;
- Support development of a draft Private Placement Memorandum and other critical marketing materials for the follow-on fund;
- Coordinate with legal counsel on marketing materials and fund registration requirements;
- Develop investor outreach calendar; and
- Set up calls and meetings with potential investors.
- Four to five years of project management experience, preferably in fundraising for investment funds or similar environment;
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or related field from an accredited college or university and strong business acumen; Master’s degree or PMP certification is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to execute and successfully achieve objectives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with aggressive timelines
- Excellent organizational, presentation, written and verbal communication and meeting facilitation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently;
- Experience working on large scale global projects, leading cross-functional teams, ensuring milestones are on schedule and keeping stakeholders informed of progress;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Track record of superior creativity and problem solving abilities;
- Proven collaborative, negotiation, and persuasion skills;
- Experience with and a level of comfort in working across departments;
- Aptitude for a fast pace, diverse work environment; and
- Ability to work with remote teams;
- Exposure to asset management and/or knowledge of investment funds
Women’s World Banking and WWB Asset Management (WAM) is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.