- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
Quantitative Data Analyst
Location: New York, New York
Start Date: Immediate
Women’s World Banking is seeking an innovative and multifaceted applied quantitative data analyst to drive the execution of customer-level behavioral pattern analysis, synthesize key customer findings, and develop the experimental design and analysis plans for randomized controlled trials (RCTs) as part of our solutions development projects. The efforts will help us better understand the financial behaviors of women customers in order to design innovative financial solutions for low-income women in emerging markets, and evaluate the effectiveness of those solutions with rigorous evaluation techniques.
You should apply to this position if:
- You take initiative to understand the perspective of diverse stakeholders and make strategic recommendations based on what is good for the projects, teams and organizations you work with;
- You find working on complex and challenging data problems invigorating;
- You are driven to develop a deep understanding of customers and create compelling customer narratives utilizing mixed-methods data analytics;
- You are excited by understanding, learning and iterating on new research methodologies;
- You thrive in ambiguity;
- You have a “yes and” mindset when it comes to teamwork and leadership.
The Quantitative Data Analyst will be responsible for developing data analytics research plans and executing analyses of customer behaviors throughout the organization – with a strong focus on our solutions development projects. The ideal candidate will be able to think strategically, and use a spectrum of quantitative research methodologies to develop high-quality customer insights in order to drive the development of innovative financial solutions for low-income women in emerging markets.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a mission-aligned self-starter who thrives in fast-paced, dynamic, multi-cultural environments;
- Utilize best practices in quantitative research methods to provide data driven insights that support the iterative solutions development process;
- Execute quantitative data analysis from a customer-centric lens; Be able to quickly identify key customer insights and behavioral change levers;
- Work with qualitative researchers to integrate qualitative and quantitative research findings in order to tell a compelling narrative about customer behavior;
- Produce relevant descriptive statistics, segmentation analysis of patterns and trends, and inferential statistics;
- Develop experimental designs for experimental and quasi-experimental tests and conduct a range of statistical tests to measure the effectiveness of the designed solutions;
- Incorporate understanding of strategic business and project needs in the structure of research engagements;
- Share knowledge and contribute to the data analytics and experimental design capabilities of the team.
- Demonstrated ability in developing quantitative research plans and executing the analysis, with minimal supervision;
- Strong analytical skills including reporting, building dashboards, segmentation, trends analysis, experimental design, RCTs, inferential and regression analysis;
- Strong experience with programming and data manipulation with at least two of the following languages / statistical packages: SAS, R, Python, and Stata;
- Experience with different types of data sets including, but not limited to, surveys, public and proprietary administrative data spanning multiple time frames;
- Training and applied experience in infographic design and integration into data analysis and interpretation;
- Ability to effectively document, communicate and present research findings;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments concurrently, perform well under pressure, and meet deadlines while ensuring quality and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to manage responsibility with integrity and tact;
- Strong communication skills with internal and external stakeholders with an outstanding ability to build consensus;
- Culturally sophisticated interpersonal skills;
- Willingness to travel to emerging markets.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Applied Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, or International Development with a concentration in data analytics;
- 3-5 years’ experience in applied data analytics, including experimental and quasi-experimental tests;
- Experience working on projects in non-structured dynamic environments;
- Programming experience with SQL and/or Java;
- Experience working with low-income populations in emerging markets and/or experience with financial inclusion;
- Fluency in Spanish, Hindi, French and/or Arabic is a plus.
Within the first 75 days:
- Demonstrate your command of the position;
- Build a strong working relationship across functional teams;
- Embrace Women’s World Banking’s cultural values and code of conduct;
- Develop an understanding of Women’s World Banking’s business model;
- Get trained on and fully integrate the use of Women’s World Banking systems and policies into your day-to-day activities; and
- Develop a road map to achieving targets and deliverables for the year.
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
For more than 35 years, Women’s World Banking has partnered with financial institutions, showing them the benefit of investing in women as customers. We equip these institutions with in-depth research and data driven insights to develop financial products and educational programs. While our clients are financial service providers, our mission is to engage consumers – women who are marginalized by financial systems.
Women’s World Banking is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.