- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
RFP: Digital Strategy Consultant
ISSUE DATE: August 8, 2019
SUBMISSION DATE: August 23, 2018
Women’s World Banking is seeking an experienced individual consultant to provide specialized expertise and support to a partner institution in Egypt on the digital transformation of operations.
About Women’s World Banking
Women’s World Banking is the global leader in women’s financial inclusion. Rooted in our deep understanding of the women’s market, we tackle financial inclusion in three interconnected ways: first, by partnering with financial services providers to develop scalable market-driven solutions; second, through our gender-lens private equity fund; and, finally, because diverse institutions are proven to be stronger, we build institutional capacity through leadership and diversity programs. Through this holistic approach and our global reach of 49 institutions in 32 countries, we accelerate economic opportunity for low-income women and growth for financial service providers in the emerging markets.
About the Project
Women’s World Banking is working with a microfinance institution in Cairo, Egypt on a digital transformation strategy.
Objectives & Responsibilities
The Consultant will be responsible for developing a digital transformation strategy for a microfinance institution in Egypt.
Objectives and responsibilities will include the following:
- Assessment of the current state of readiness for digital transformation, including review of existing IT system for integration
- Mapping out frameworks and processes to be implemented for digital transformation
- Develop roadmap and implementation plan for digital transformation
- Cost estimation for different components of digital transformation
Duration of Consultancy
The project with our partner institution is expected to take place between October 2018 and March 2019.
Location of Work
The Consultant will be required to travel to Cairo, Egypt at least once in order to assess the operations and existing initiatives the institution is undertaking aimed at digitization. Preparation and follow-up, including the development of the strategy, will be conducted remotely.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in supporting financial institution(s) with digital transformation strategies and implementation;
- Deep understanding of global digital industry trends and of emerging best practices and innovations;
- Experience in working with institutions that serve low-income segments or working directly with low-income segments;
- Strong strategic influencing skills; an ability to present a case and gain alignment from diverse stakeholders;
- Experience in developing countries is required; experience in MENA is preferred;
- Fluency in English is required; proficiency in Arabic would be preferred;
- Ability to manage all expense on a reimbursable basis; and
- Ability to participate in regular update calls and submit status reports as needed.
Applications must be received no later than August 23, 2018 at midnight EST.
Please include the below in your application:
- Proposal including the below elements:
- A brief statement of your capacity to complete this work, listing similar projects and completed/relevant organizational experience;
- Availability; and
- Proposed cost proposal;
- Resume / CV; and
- References (at least two).
Applicants may submit their question(s) in writing until August 22, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the e-mail subject line “Questions: RFP: Digital Strategy Consultant”.
This RFP does not guarantee or commit Women’s World Banking to proceeding with the above described work. Due to the overwhelming responses not all candidates will be contacted.
Women’s World Banking is an equal opportunity employer for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Women’s World Banking will be unable to contract with any individual who is US citizen or resident without an LLC or LP or similar structure.