- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
RFP: Gender Diversity Online Assessment Tool and Platform
ISSUE DATE: April 5, 2018
SUBMISSION DATE: April 19, 2018
***EXTENDED SUBMISSION DATE: April 20, 2018
Women’s World Banking is seeking a vendor to build an online survey tool and cloud-based database platform that will serve as a diagnostic of opportunities and barriers to serving women clients and advancing women internally. The tool will be comprised of approximately 40 questions with yes/no or quantitative responses. Responses will be scored and the tool will generate an automated report of high level recommendations for actions toward client outreach and gender parity.
About Women’s World Banking
Women’s World Banking is the global leader in women’s financial inclusion. Rooted in our deep understanding of the women’s market, we tackle financial inclusion in three interconnected ways: first, by partnering with financial services providers to develop scalable market-driven solutions; second, through our gender-lens private equity fund; and, finally, because diverse institutions are proven to be stronger, we build institutional capacity through leadership and diversity programs. Through this holistic approach and our global reach of 49 institutions in 32 countries, we accelerate economic opportunity for low-income women and growth for financial service providers in the emerging markets.
About the Project
Women’s World Banking knows that unconscious bias and cultural norms can impede an organization’s ability to serve the women’s market and can create hidden barriers for women internally as they seek to pursue career growth and move into more senior leadership positions. Our Gender Assessment Methodology supports organizations in (1) understanding how they can better position themselves to serve the women’s market and (2) diagnosing challenges and opportunities for women (and men) to succeed and make their best contribution. This includes an online assessment that is subsequently supported by a more detailed review of the organization’s manuals, collateral, women’s strategy by desk review and interviews with employees and clients on-site.
Objectives & Responsibilities
The platform should provide the following user experience:
- Users will fill out an online assessment with approximately 40 questions with yes/no or quantitative responses (with branch logic whereby not all questions have to be answered). There will be some open text fields to enter institution name, name of person completing the assessment, etc.
- Users should be able to use a MAC, PC, tablet or phone and be able to begin the assessment, save responses and complete the assessment in more than one sitting, including an offline environment
- After completing the assessment, the user will receive a user-friendly report with results and corresponding recommendations. As the user base grows, reports will include results against benchmarks and/or leading practices
Additional technical requirements of the platform include but are not limited to:
- Questions will be scored with varying weights (to be determined by Women’s World Banking)
- Ability to save, aggregate and store assessment data in a cloud-based database
- Capability to add additional assessments and upload additional data tables. (Data tables may include loan portfolio data disaggregated by gender, talent management practices, representation of women in sales by level, etc.)
- Allow for multiple users to access assessment results if Women’s World Banking partners with other organizations
- Be branded per Women’s World Banking branding guidelines
- Be compatible with Pardot mailing system and Salesforce CRM
- 24/7 Technical support
- Ability to export data in multiple formats
- Preferred: Integration with Whatsapp and Slack
Duration of Consultancy
We anticipate the timeline to complete the online assessment tool to be approximately May 1 – July 31, 2018. However we also expect ongoing technical support.
We are accepting applications within the range of USD 15,000 – USD 30,000. Please note that we will be considering competitive rates in selecting the vendor.
Location of Work
The project launch meeting will be in New York or by Skype, and project work will be offsite.
Applications must be received no later than
April 19, 2018 April 20, 2018 at midnight EST.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, references, and proposal (proposal to include but not limited to the following components in one document not to exceed 5 pages):
- detailed fee proposal including pricing to build the platform, technical support after launch, and if applicable, annual hosting fee
- timeline to build and test the platform
- proposal of work product
- project team roles and responsibilities for the project.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a demo.
Applicants may submit their question(s) in writing until April 19, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the e-mail subject line “Questions: RFP Gender Diversity Online Assessment Tool and Platform.”
This RFP/RFQ does not guarantee or commit Women’s World Banking to proceeding with the above described work. Due to the overwhelming responses not all candidates will be contacted.
Women’s World Banking is an equal opportunity employer for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Women’s World Banking will be unable to contract with any individual who is US citizen or resident without an LLC or LP or similar structure.
Q: Generally speaking, what criteria are important to the group in selecting a firm for this work? How would they rank the criteria? e.g. is it most important that this firm be able to turn around the project quickly? Lowest estimate budget?
A: The criteria is determined by the specifications of the RFP. The user experience and technical needs are equally weighted.
Q: Is there already an embedded partner?
A: There is no preference as to a new or current partner.
Q: Would you be willing to share the expected budget range for this project?
A: The budget range is USD 15,000 – USD 30,000
Q: How many other firms are you expecting to compete for this RFP? Can you let us know who else will be competing?
A: We don’t know how many firms will submit and per our procurement guidelines we cannot share that information.
Q: We assume this will be a brand new tool, database, and platform. Is this correct?
Q: What type of on-going maintenance will be needed once the tool goes live?
A: We will require technical support when needed.
Q: Is the July 31, 2018 deadline a hard deadline to launch?
Q: What is the timeline for the evaluation/decision-making process?
A: We aim to engage the selected consultant by the end of the month.
Q: Will local companies/developers or offshore/outsourcing companies be given any preference?
Q: Why has the proposal submission been limited to five pages?
A: This is the internal preference of the hiring managers for efficient review processes.
Q: Can submissions be longer than five pages?
A: No, but if you need to submit visuals you can add as an appendix no longer than 3 pages
Q: Can the proposal be submitted via email?
A: We would prefer to accept via the application link but in an emergency we can accept via email.