- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
RFQ: Arabic-English Translation Services in Egypt
ISSUE DATE: May 5, 2017
SUBMISSION DATE: May 26, 2017
Women’s World Banking is seeking in-person and written translation services in Arabic to and from English to be conducted in Egypt.
About Women’s World Banking
Women’s World Banking is the global non-profit devoted to giving more low-income women access to the financial tools and resources essential to their security and prosperity. For more than 35 years we have worked with financial institutions to show them the benefit of investing in women as clients, and as leaders. We equip these institutions to meet women’s needs through authoritative market research, leadership training, sustainable financial products, and consumer education. Headquartered in New York, Women’s World Banking works with 49 institutions in 32 countries to create access to finance on a greater scale than ever before.
About the Project
The project aims to increase access to financial services for the low income women in Egypt. Women’s World Banking works with a local microfinance institution (MFI) as a partner and helps it develop and extend financial products such as credit and insurance for its clients.
Objectives & Responsibilities
- In-person simultaneous Arabic to English and English to Arabic interpretation for various meetings, focus groups and interviews with MFI staff and clients, external organizations, and other stakeholders;
- Written translation of materials between from Arabic to English and vice versa, as requested by the project team. Materials may include: technical documents, project related documents, powerpoint slides etc; and
- To facilitate these in-field services, the Consultant will travel with the Women’s World Banking team, accompanying them as necessary to difference branches in Egypt and other locations. The Consultant will be expected to be present at the meetings at specified times in accordance with the agenda as provided by the project team.
Duration of Consultancy
The consultancy will last one year, with the possibility of extensions at Women’s World Banking’s discretion.
Location of Work
The in-person translation services will be located in Egypt. The written translation can be remote but our preference is to be located in Egypt.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of in person translation with diverse set of participants ranging from rural low income women to financial institutions and government agencies;
- At least 2 years’ experience of written translation of variety of documents;
- Good understanding of local dialects across Egypt;
- Good understanding of technical terminologies for various financial products, specially insurance and credit;
- Strong interest for language nuances and accuracy in translation;
- Total discretion and ability to adapt style and language depending on speaker’s background;
- Willingness to travel across Egypt and outside Egypt, if required;
- Professional appearance, passionate about her/his work and has high energy levels;
- Understands cultural nuances; and
- Team player.
Please submit your application no later than May 26, 2017 at midnight EST.
Your application should include the following components:
- a cover letter;
- details of experience/resume;
- rate history; and
- three references.
Applicants may submit their question(s) in writing until May 26, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the e-mail subject line “Questions: Translation/Egypt”.
This RFP/RFQ does not guarantee or commit Women’s World Banking to proceeding with the above described work. Due to the overwhelming responses not all candidates will be contacted.
Women’s World Banking is an equal opportunity employer for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.