- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
RFQ: Bangladesh Resident Advisor/ Project Coordinator (Individual)
ISSUE DATE: May 2, 2018
SUBMISSION DATE: May 23, 2018
Women’s World Banking seeks an individual with project management and communication skills as well as DFS expertise to manage on-the-ground a project focused on design and pilot of solutions to expand women’s usage of digital financial services (DFS). In this project, Women’s World Banking and a mobile financial services provider will partner to develop and pilot these solutions.
ABOUT WOMEN’S WORLD BANKING
Women’s World Banking is the global leader in women’s financial inclusion. Rooted in our deep understanding of the women’s market, we tackle financial inclusion in three interconnected ways: first, by partnering with financial services providers to develop scalable market-driven solutions; second, through our gender-lens private equity fund; and, finally, because diverse institutions are proven to be stronger, we build institutional capacity through leadership and diversity programs. Through this holistic approach and our global reach of 49 institutions in 32 countries, we accelerate economic opportunity for low-income women and growth for financial service providers in the emerging markets.
The Resident Advisor/ Project Coordinator will be accountable for ensuring flawless execution of the project:
- Be Women’s World Banking face on-the-ground in Bangladesh and in liaising with the partner;
- Liaise with project partner to facilitate effective implementation of the project and ensure adherence to design;
- Provide local DFS expertise, thought partnership and advise on project design, structure and pilot;
- Provide on-the-ground oversight of the project, and clearly communicate observations, results, and analysis to Women’s World Banking and other partners;
- Regularly monitor and communicate progress of solutions design and pilot goals against targets and key deliverables, and communicate and escalate challenges and anticipated delays in a timely manner;
- Manage logistics in advance of project monitoring and evaluation visits;
- Provide support to Women’s World Banking and local research firm to plan and execute qualitative in-field research among target segments;
- Communicate regularly with project partners and Women’s World Banking, including participating in regular project update calls and following up on action items;
- Provide market news and intelligence as relevant; and
- Gather and consolidate key inputs from project partner for regular reports to Women’s World Banking, project partner, and the project funder.
LOCATION OF WORK
The Resident Advisor/ Project Coordinator will be based in Dhaka, Bangladesh, with travel to agent, branch, head office, and other project locations across Bangladesh, if needed. The position will report to the project lead at Women’s World Banking.
This position will begin in July or August 2018 and has a duration of up to 15 months, contingent upon satisfactory performance and the needs of the project.
- Outstanding project management and communication skills;
- Strong strategic influencing skills: ability to motivate diverse groups to achieve a common objective;
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations and cultivate effective working relationships;
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently;
- Strong project planning, coordination and analytical skills, with high attention to detail;
- A minimum of four years’ relevant work experience in international development, preferably with a focus on DFS, financial inclusion and/or gender;
- Experience conducting field work in emerging markets, with a strong preference for experience in Bangladesh;
- Strong interest in increasing access to financial services among un/underbanked women in Bangladesh;
- Willingness to travel to agent, branch, and other project locations in Bangladesh, as needed;
- Willingness to work on a global clock and accommodate meetings outside a standard 9-5 workday, as needed;
- Fluency in English required (spoken and written);
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and
- Experience with qualitative research and design a plus.
Applications must be received no later than May 23, 2018 at midnight EST.
The application should include the elements below:
- Cover letter detailing the following:
- Capacity and Experience: Your capacity to complete this work, listing similar projects and completed/relevant organizational experience.
- Availability: Specify availability for the described activities in the indicated time period, as well as any times where availability is limited
- Daily Rate (Mandatory)
- A brief writing sample or power point presentation
- References (at least two)
Applicants may submit their question(s) in writing to email@example.com. Please include in the e-mail subject line “Questions: RFQ: Bangladesh Resident Advisor/ Project Coordinator (Individual).”
This RFQ does not guarantee or commit Women’s World Banking to proceeding with the above described work. Due to the overwhelming responses, not all candidates will be contacted.
Women’s World Banking is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Q: Are you looking for few days of service for each month or is this position a full time job?
A: We expect this to be an full time position but days per month could vary depending on project needs.