- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
RFQ: Freelance Writer
Issue Date: January 11, 2018
Closing Date: January 26, 2018
Women’s World Banking is looking for a freelance writer to draft blogs, op-eds and articles about our work, along with issue briefs about women’s financial inclusion. This writer will work with Women’s World Banking staff to understand our content and messaging and be able to turn our work into powerful prose for various audiences.
About Women’s World Banking
Women’s World Banking is the global leader in women’s financial inclusion. Rooted in our deep understanding of the women’s market, we tackle financial inclusion in three interconnected ways: first, by partnering with financial services providers to develop scalable market-driven solutions; second, through our gender-lens private equity fund; and, finally, because diverse institutions are proven to be stronger, we build institutional capacity through leadership and diversity programs. Through this holistic approach and our global reach of 49 institutions in 32 countries, we accelerate economic opportunity for low-income women and growth for financial service providers in the emerging markets.
Objective and Responsibilities
- Craft articles of approximately 500-800 words to be posted on our website or other channels and disseminated more broadly
- Understand where Women’s World Banking fits in the global landscape and what issues we can write about for op-eds and other external postings
- Quickly understand Women’s World Banking’s tone and messaging in order to write for a variety of audiences, including the private sector, individual donors, policy makers
- 10 years of writing experience, preferably as a journalist
- Preferred experience writing on topics of finance, gender, financial inclusion, or business
- Ability to draft interesting, easy-to-read articles based on a brief from the Editor and a comprehensive Powerpoint deck. Subject matter experts on staff will be available for interview to address clarifying questions and guidance on accuracy.
This position is intended to be for 15-30 hours per month beginning in February 2018.
Although work can be done virtually, preference will be given to candidates in the New York metropolitan area.
Applications must be received no later than January 26, 2018 at midnight EST.
Please include in your application:
- cover letter with hourly rate;
- your CV;
- three examples of relevant writing assignments (articles or blogs of at least 500 words), and
- three references.
Applicants may submit their question(s) in writing to email@example.com. Please include in the e-mail subject line “Questions: Freelance Writer”.
This RFQ does not guarantee or commit Women’s World Banking to proceeding with the above described work. Due to the overwhelming responses not all candidates will be contacted.
Women’s World Banking is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Due to risk concerns, Women’s World Banking will be unable to contract with any individual who is US citizen or resident without an LLC or LP or similar structure.