- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
RFQ: Market Intelligence in 7 Countries (Firm)
ISSUE DATE: March 19, 2018
SUBMISSION DATE: April 5, 2018
Women’s World Banking is seeking a market research/intelligence/polling firm to assist in data collection, analysis and reporting for financial services for low-income women in 7 countries in Asia, Latin America, MENA and sub-Saharan Africa.
About Women’s World Banking
Women’s World Banking is the global leader in women’s financial inclusion. Rooted in our deep understanding of the women’s market, we tackle financial inclusion in three interconnected ways: first, by partnering with financial services providers to develop scalable market-driven solutions; second, through our gender-lens private equity fund; and, finally, because diverse institutions are proven to be stronger, we build institutional capacity through leadership and diversity programs. Through this holistic approach and our global reach of 49 institutions in 32 countries, we accelerate economic opportunity for low-income women and growth for financial service providers in the emerging markets.
About the Project
The purpose of this RFQ is to seek proposals from organizations to assist in the collection of data, analysis of said data, and dissemination of the results of market intelligence specific to low income women in India, Bangladesh, Mexico, Egypt, Nigeria, Morocco and Indonesia. We will refresh the Market Intelligence annually to ensure that we are staying abreast of current regulations and barriers that could potentially impact women’s financial inclusion.
The market intelligence tasks that fall under the auspices of this RFQ include (but are not limited to):
- Supply/Demand Analysis
- Full Market Assessment
- Market sizing (% of women, income levels, geographical clusters)
- Financial Services profile
- Identification of barriers of entry to the market
- Regulatory overview
- Landscape Assessment
- Digital penetration
- Opportunities for penetration in emerging markets
- Women’s Access to Resources
- Analysis of societal, cultural and governmental systems
- Independent qualitative and quantitative research and/or review of secondary research as required
We are seeking to understand the “story” of each market specific to our target market (low-income women) in order to create solutions in the formal finance sector for low-income women. We are specifically looking for proposals from marketing firms that have experience in women’s empowerment, international development and financial inclusion. Applicants that can demonstrate experience will be given special consideration.
Additionally, as the nature of the project is ongoing, applicant organizations with permanent and fully staffed offices in each of our 7 target countries are strongly preferred.
Objectives & Responsibilities
The selected consultant will be expected to create Comprehensive Market Intelligence Reports for all 7 targets countries to begin April 15th and completed by September 1st, 2018, which will include the following phases of work:
- Review existing information and Women’s World Banking Market Intelligence Reports including interviews with WWB stakeholders to understand key objectives for market and market intelligence.
- Creating stakeholder list from both WWB, your organization’s networks and a literature review of existing documents.
- Qualitative Stakeholder Consultation
- In-Depth Interviews (IDIs) with 15-20 individuals relevant to women’s financial inclusion in the target countries.
- Focus Groups (2 per country) of low-income women to determine their needs and challenges
- Provide translators when needed.
- Quantitative Consultation
- Quantitative analysis of gender-disaggregated data sets and if none exist, creating/consulting on new data collection.
- Segmentation Analysis
- Other forms of segmentation if/when appropriate.
- Case Studies
- 2 case studies/” buyer personas” per country to illustrate findings
- Final Report (~15 pages)
- Summary report of findings and recommendations
- Summary of findings: A Slide Deck of Findings (20 or less slides)
- Market Intelligence Workshops: Discussion of findings and potential recommendation for WWB stakeholders
Duration of Consultancy
The selected firm will be placed on a retainer contract for one year, renewable for up to 2 additional years at Women’s World Banking’s discretion. Each specific engagement will be for up to 6 months.
Location of Work
We are seeking market intelligence from India, Bangladesh, Mexico, Egypt, Nigeria, Morocco, and Indonesia.
- Experienced international market research firm with experience working in the international development and financial services sectors;
- Experience with organizations such as UN, USAID, IMF, World Bank etc. strongly desired; and
- Experience with banking and financial services industry in emerging markets is imperative.
Applications must be received no later than April 5, 2018 at midnight EST.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and sample proposal, including but not limited to the following components:
(1) a sample detailed fee proposal
(2) sample timeline to fulfill a deliverable
(3) sample proposal of work product
(4) project team roles and responsibilities for the project.
Applicants may submit their question(s) in writing until April 4th, 2018 to email@example.com. Please include in the e-mail subject line “Questions: Market Intelligence for Women’s World Banking”
This RFP/RFQ does not guarantee or commit Women’s World Banking to proceeding with the above described work. Due to the overwhelming responses not all candidates will be contacted.
Women’s World Banking is an equal opportunity employer for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Women’s World Banking will be unable to contract with any individual who is US citizen or resident without an LLC or LP or similar structure.
Q: In reference to “Qualitative Stakeholder Consultation, the in-depth Interviews with 15-20 individuals”; is that number referring to 15-20 per country or total?
A: That number refers to quantity per country.
Q: In reference to “Quantitative Consultation, if data none exist create new data set” is it a request for quantitative study (primary data)?
A: Yes, it is a request for a primary quantitative study.
Q: In reference to “Final Report, ~15 pages”, is that number per country or total?
A: That number refers to pages for each report per country.
Q: Are you accepting applications from organizations has done research in each of these countries by leveraging local firms for data collection?
A: We are looking for one firm to do all 7 countries in the interest of continuity. However, we are open to the possibility of having a firm work on one specific country. We encourage to send in your proposal.
Q: Can the consultancy be split between different companies (each is present in a country of two), or one company that has presence in the seven countries mentioned in the RFQ?
A: We are looking for one firm to do all 7 countries in the interest of continuity. However, we are open to the possibility of having a firm work on one specific country. We encourage to send in your proposal