- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
RFQ: Randomized Control Trial (RCT) Experimental Design Consultant
ISSUE DATE: August 10, 2018
SUBMISSION DATE: August 24, 2018
***EXTENDED SUBMISSION DATE: September 19, 2018
***EXTENDED SUBMISSION DATE: September 26, 2018
Women’s World Banking is seeking a skilled research consultant with particular expertise in experimental design for and evaluation of field-based randomized control trials (RCTs). Special consideration will be given to candidates with experience doing research in international development contexts.
About Women’s World Banking
Women’s World Banking is the global leader in women’s financial inclusion. Rooted in our deep understanding of the women’s market, we tackle financial inclusion in three interconnected ways: first, by partnering with financial services providers to develop scalable market-driven solutions; second, through our gender-lens private equity fund; and, finally, because diverse institutions are proven to be stronger, we build institutional capacity through leadership and diversity programs. Through this holistic approach and our global reach of 49 institutions in 32 countries, we accelerate economic opportunity for low-income women and growth for financial service providers in the emerging markets.
About the Project
Women’s World Banking is conducting several projects in multiple markets (including India, Mexico, as well as the potential addition of other countries) aimed at designing and testing commercially viable solutions to increase women’s financial inclusion. These projects include design of a solution, followed by a market-based pilot of the solution. Women’s World Banking plans to structure these pilots as Randomized Control Trials (RCTs), and seeks a consultant (firm or individual) to bring expertise in experimental design of RCTs and collaborate with the project teams in designing the pilot.
Objectives & Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recommendations for experimental design method;
- Recommendations for Treatment and Control group(s);
- Sample size and statistical power calculations;
- Treatment and Control group(s) randomization;
- The organization, cleaning, manipulation and analysis of data sets to support randomization and RCT analysis; and
- Preparation of tables and graphs for reports.
Duration of Consultancy
The consultant would be engaged under a one-year retainer contract to support on one or more projects from early September 2018 onward. Women’s World Banking may extend the contract at its discretion.
Location of Work
Work on these projects can be primarily done remotely from any location, but the consultant must be available to collaborate with the New York-based project team during regular business hours of 9am-5pm EDT.
- Expertise with setting the experimental design for field-based RCTs, as well as running RCTs in the field;
- Experience in quantitative data analytics;
- Experience with statistical package (STATA,R preferred, SPSS);
- Prior experience in either international development or financial inclusion. Experience with both is preferred;
- Familiarity with debates around M&E and the use of evidence; and
- Experience in capacity development and the conduct of randomized controlled trial trainings.
Applications must be received no later than
August 24, 2018 September 19, 2018 at midnight EST.
Please include the below in your application:
- Cover letter, including the below elements:
- A brief statement of your capacity to complete this work, listing similar projects and completed/relevant organizational experience;
- Availability; and
- Expected daily remuneration
- Resume / CV; and
- References (at least two).
Applicants may submit their question(s) in writing until
August 24, 2018 September 18, 2018 September 26, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the e-mail subject line “Questions: RFQ for Experimental Design Consultant”.
This RFQ does not guarantee or commit Women’s World Banking to proceeding with the above described work. Due to the overwhelming responses not all candidates will be contacted.
Women’s World Banking is an equal opportunity employer for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Women’s World Banking will be unable to contract with any individual who is US citizen or resident without an LLC or LP or similar structure.