- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
RFQ: Research Firm in India
ISSUE DATE: March 23, 2018
SUBMISSION DATE: April 13, 2018
Women’s World Banking is seeking an established consumer research firm to recruit participants and manage logistics for qualitative research throughout India on a rolling basis. The firm may also be asked to execute quantitative surveys or support execution of qualitative research. The selected firm(s) will be awarded an on-call retainer contract.
ABOUT WOMEN’S WORLD BANKING
Women’s World Banking is the global leader in women’s financial inclusion. Rooted in our deep understanding of the women’s market, we tackle financial inclusion in three interconnected ways: first, by partnering with financial services providers to develop scalable market-driven solutions; second, through our gender-lens private equity fund; and, finally, because diverse institutions are proven to be stronger, we build institutional capacity through leadership and diversity programs. Through this holistic approach and our global reach of 49 institutions in 32 countries, we accelerate economic opportunity for low-income women and growth for financial service providers in the emerging markets.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Women’s World Banking is working with financial service providers in India to develop solutions that deepen financial inclusion among low-income customers, particularly women. As part of the work, periodic qualitative and quantitative research is needed, to deepen our understanding of these customers.
In many cases, the firm will be asked to manage recruitment and logistics only. In other cases, the firm will be asked to support Women’s World Banking in conducting qualitative research, such as interviews or ethnographies. We may also require support in developing and conducting quantitative surveys or studies.
OBJECTIVES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Depending on the needs of the project, the Consultant will be responsible for some or all of the following: 1) ensuring flawless execution of the research logistics; 2) supporting execution of qualitative research; 3) executing quantitative surveys or studies
- Research logistics
- Participant Recruitment:
- Successfully recruit appropriate number of participants for research sessions, per agreed criteria.
- Depending on the project, customers would either be recruited from lists provided by the institution, or from the open market.
- Identify and secure research venues for sessions. Venues should be neutral, quiet locations that offer privacy and are easily accessible by participants, for example a spare room in a hotel or restaurant.
- While preferred venues will have electricity, recording devices and two-way mirrors are not required.
- Arrange for light refreshments (snack and drink) and financial compensation (travel reimbursement) for all participants.
- Identify and hire one or two interpreters for simultaneous interpretation to participate in all research sessions.
- Be present at research sites to ensure logistics of participant arrival and criteria confirmation, as well as facilitate logistics of research venue, refreshments and financial compensation.
- Qualitative Research Execution: the firm may be asked to share facilitation with a Women’s World Banking researcher. Responsibilities may include:
- Undergoing training of a particular methodology
- Conducting interviews or other types of sessions
- Taking verbatim notes during research sessions
- Analysis or report writing would not be required
- Conduct quantitative surveys or studies: this would include
- Collaboration on survey instrument creation, methodology development and analysis
- Field testing of survey instruments, piloting questions
- Executing the survey
- Entering and/or coding data
- Deep expertise in the design and implementation of qualitative consumer research, specifically participant recruitment and logistics management;
- Ability to supply high-quality qualitative facilitators across India
- Demonstrated experience conducting individual-level quantitative surveys, including ability to conduct and complete large sample surveys within several weeks, and ability to train enumerators and test surveys;
- Experience designing and/or conducting research among low-income segments and women;
- Experience in financial services or consumer products research;
- Strong understanding of the local context, for both urban and rural India, and ability to provide services across multiple geographies;
- Must be fluent in English and Hindi; must have staff who are fluent in English and local languages in the regions they are assigned to; and
- Willingness to work on a global clock for coordination with teams across countries and time zones.
Consultants are needed on short-term projects throughout 2018-2019. Each consultant will be procured under an on-call retainer contract for the period of one year. Women’s World Banking may extend the contract at the organization’s discretion.
LOCATION OF WORK
Work will be conducted throughout India; specific locations will be determined for specific projects.
Applications must be received no later than April 13, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST.
Applications must include the following:
- Summary of qualifications and experience
- Illustrative budget for each type of service (recruitment/logistics, qualitative support, quantitative)
- At least 3 references
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Applicants may submit their question(s) in writing to email@example.com. Please include in the e-mail subject line “Questions: Research Firm – India”.
This RFQ does not guarantee or commit Women’s World Banking to proceeding with the above described work. Due to the overwhelming responses not all candidates will be contacted.
Women’s World Banking is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Women’s World Banking will be unable to contract with any individual who is US citizen or resident without an LLC or LP or similar structure.
Q: Can you share a more specific breakdown of services needed to provide better qualitative cost?
A: The RFQ is for potential projects that may happen over the next year. As such, we don’t have specifics to share on your points below. Please provide your firm’s credentials for quantitative research, and a rate card or other tool that you use to share pricing for quantitative work.