- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
Senior Data Analyst
Title: Senior Data Analyst
Reports to: Director of Research, Monitoring and Evaluation
Location: New York, New York
Start Date: Immediate
About Women’s World Banking
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
For more than 35 years, Women’s World Banking has partnered with financial institutions, showing them the benefit of investing in women as customers. We equip these institutions with in-depth research and data driven insights to develop financial products and educational programs. While our clients are financial service providers, our mission is to engage consumers – women who are marginalized by financial systems.
The Senior Data Analyst will play a critical role in enabling Women’s World Banking to better understand women’s financial needs and behaviors by converting data into insights that inform innovative, commercially viable solutions. The Senior Data Analyst will work directly with internal and external stakeholders internationally across Africa, Asia and Latin America. The successful candidate will be able to analyze quantitative data trends, and segmentation methodologies in order to drive strategy.
- Collect data on women in emerging markets who are excluded from the formal financial sectors and recommend solutions for their inclusion;
- Understand business objectives and design surveys and other quantitative data collection techniques for analysis and mining;
- Compile and analyze statistical data using modern methods of segmentation to collect and analyze;
- Conduct a range of statistical tests on datasets to understand clients, customers and the market better;
- Remain fully informed on market trends and info to inform our market intelligence in priority countries;
- Interpret and analyze various market data to create dashboards, decks and reporting data effectively at both a detailed and executive level;
- Develop, implement and optimize data management processes to design elegant reporting and analytics solutions; and
- Other duties and ad hoc analyses and preparations as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Applied Statistics, Mathematics, or a quantitative field
- Excellent understanding of both the business and non-profit worlds and the research required in each of them.
- 7-10 years’ professional experience with market research with an aptitude for collaboration,
- Strong analytical skills including reporting, building dashboards, segmentation, trends analysis, predictive modeling, inferential and regression analysis;
- Strong experience with: SAS, SQL, Tableau, SPSS, STATA;
- Training and applied experience in infographic design and integration into data analysis and interpretation.
- Willingness to travel to emerging markets.
- Master’s degree;
- Experience at a big market research organization like Ipsos, Forester or Nielsen a plus.
- IRB CITI certification and experience with IRB protocols and applications;
- Some experience with SQL, Java or other reporting systems a plus);
- Interest in the field of financial inclusion, including gender; and
- Fluency in Spanish, Arabic, and/or French.
Within the first 75 days:
- Embrace Women’s World Banking’s core values and desired behaviors;
- Learn and comprehend the Women’s World Banking business model;
- Establish yourself as a qualified and trustworthy teammate and data analyst;
- Demonstrate your command for the position; and
- Maintain a sense of humor and an outstanding work ethic simultaneously.
Women’s World Banking is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. EOE M/F/V/D