- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
Summer 2019 Investment Intern, Women’s World Banking Capital Partners
POSITION: Investment Intern, Women’s World Banking Capital Partners
TIME PERIOD: May – August 2019
Women’s World Banking
Women’s World Banking is the global non-profit devoted to giving more low-income women access to the financial tools and resources essential to their security and prosperity. For more than 35 years we have worked with financial institutions to show them the benefit of investing in women as clients, and as leaders. We equip these institutions to meet women’s needs through authoritative market research, leadership training, sustainable financial products and consumer education. Headquartered in New York, Women’s World Banking works with 49 institutions in 32 countries with a reach of 16 million women to create access to finance on a greater scale than ever before.
WOMEN’S WORLD BANKING CAPITAL PARTNERS, LP
Women’s World Banking Capital Partners, LP, a $50mm Delaware limited partnership (the “Fund”), was launched in January 2012 to make direct minority equity investments in high-performing, women-focused, financial service providers worldwide in accordance with the investment program established by Women’s World Banking.
Purpose of the Assignment
The Chief Investment Officer (“CIO”), Christina Juhasz, and Senior Investment Officer (“SIO”) Yrenilsa Lopez seek an intern (the “Intern”) to provide support on projects related to investment and fund management.
The Intern will gain valuable insight and experience in the area of social / impact investment vehicles.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Intern will be responsible for the following:
- Support team in pursuit of investment opportunities
- Research investment opportunities as needed to support investment decisions
- Assist with data entry for financial models
- Schedule/attend meetings, and tracking meeting follow-ups
- Research and develop structured product for investment
- Support team in Investor Relations
- Assist in preparation of financial statements
- Research and outreach to support social impact reporting
- Assist in developing agenda and preparing materials for investor meetings
- Support team in Management of Fund Activities
- Assist with record keeping
- Assist with the drafting and implementation of administrative policies
- Assist with expense tracking and payment processing
Strong Candidates will:
- Be working towards a related graduate degree (e.g. business, finance, international relations); or have previous experience working in finance
- Be proficient in MS-Excel
- Be self-starters and have the ability to work under pressure and manage and prioritize tasks effectively
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have foreign language skills.
Women’s World Banking is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. EOE M/F/V/D
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
For more than 35 years, Women’s World Banking has partnered with financial institutions, showing them the benefit of investing in women as customers. We equip these institutions with in-depth research and data driven insights to develop financial products and educational programs. While our clients are financial service providers, our mission is to engage consumers – women who are marginalized by financial systems.