- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
Accelerating Women’s Opportunity: Women’s World Banking’s 2016 Annual Report
July 3, 2017
By Mary Ellen Iskenderian, President and CEO
At Women’s World Banking, the 1 billion unbanked women around the world are always on our minds, not just because of the tremendous market opportunity they represent for financial service providers, but also because of the economic growth that would result from their inclusion in the formal financial sector.
With insights from nearly 40 years of research, we’re harnessing the latest technologies and innovative approaches to make an unprecedented impact on women’s financial lives. Our 2016 Annual Report offers a snapshot of that impact. Learn how we:
- increased our global influence, using our voice to help shape policy and engage global leaders;
- researched women’s lives to understand all aspects of their financial realities their unique needs;
- designed innovative financial solutions to serve women at all stages of their lives;
- invested in women by investing directly in financial service providers that are committed to serving low-income women;
- promoted leadership and diversity, celebrating a decade of developing strong women leaders and building gender-diverse financial service providers around the world.
Women’s World Banking seeks use this momentum to be the catalyst to reach one billion women with financial services. In the coming years, we will lead global action around the most critical issues for women’s financial inclusion; broaden partnerships among those who can serve and profit from economically empowered women; scale innovative, commercially-viable financial solutions to meet women’s needs across regions and cultures and advance the promise of financial services to deliver better outcomes across all aspects of women’s lives.
We’re grateful for the generous support of our donors and investors as well as the wise counsel of our Board of Directors as we continue this journey. I proudly invite you to browse our 2016 Annual Report: Accelerating Women’s Opportunity.