RFQ: Research Consultants, India
Women’s World Banking is seeking experienced individual research consultants with qualitative and/or quantitative research skills to conduct either remote or in-person research regarding women’s financial inclusion and economic empowerment in India. This process is to put a set of individuals on retainer to be used as resources for work across Women’s World Banking’s research portfolio in India over the coming years.
About Women’s World Banking Research
Women’s World Banking’s research functions serves both internal and external goals of the organization, contributing to our work in India. Internally, qualitative and quantitative research informs the development, deployment, and assessment of financial services for low-income customers in our priority market. Externally, research helps Women’s World Banking to pursue its ambitious research agenda.
Women’s World Banking uses a bench of consultants to help us answer research questions through individual research projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
Research consultants undertake any combination of the following activities:
- Background research
- Literature reviews
- Secondary data analysis
- Research instrument design
- Sampling strategy
- Conducting interviews and design research sessions
- Holding focus groups
- Fielding surveys
- User testing
- Additional data collection
- Qualitative analysis
- Quantitative analysis
- Drafting results write-ups
- Additional activities as they emerge
Candidates must have:
- A graduate-level education (Master’s or PhD)
- At least two years of experience with either qualitative or quantitative research outside of student work
- A track record of delivering quality work as a research consultant or in a role undertaking similar work
- Fluency with Stata, R (for quant analysis); NVivo or Dedoose (for qual analysis); or design research analysis techniques
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- A stable internet connection
How to Apply
Applications must be received no later than January 15, 2024 at midnight IST.
Please include the below in your application:
- Cover letter, including the below elements:
- A brief statement of your capacity to complete this work, listing similar projects and completed/relevant organizational experience;
- Availability; and
- Expected daily rate
- Resume / CV; and
- A short list of professional referees Women’s World Banking may contact (at least two).
Applicants may submit their question(s) in writing until January 15, 2024 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the e-mail subject line “Questions: RFQ: Research Consultants, India”.
This RFP/RFQ does not guarantee or commit Women’s World Banking to proceeding with the above described work. Due to the overwhelming responses not all candidates will be contacted.
Women’s World Banking is an equal opportunity employer for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Women’s World Banking will be unable to contract with any individual who is US citizen or resident without an LLC or LP or similar structure.
About Women's World Banking
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
For over 40 years, Women’s World Banking has partnered with financial institutions, showing them the benefit of investing in women as customers. We equip these institutions with in-depth research and data driven insights to develop financial products and educational programs. While our clients are financial service providers, our mission is to engage consumers – women who are marginalized by financial systems.
Women’s World Banking and WWB Asset Management is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.