Women’s World Banking has been looking back on the past year as 2013 draws to a close—and what an incredible year it has been!
- Exciting new research on low-income garment employees in India and how to integrate financial education
- Launched the Gender Performance Initiative to help the industry prioritize and measure how they serve women
- Piloted rural credit for women in Colombia, Paraguay and Peru
- Hosted a first-of-its-kind conference for women-focused finance in the Middle East and North Africa
- Introduced savings to low-income market entrepreneurs in Nigeria
We are so grateful to everyone—partners, donors, and supporters—for helping bring us closer towards achieving our mission. We are truly privileged to have the support of the champions of financial inclusion for women. We look forward to an even bigger year in 2014 as we move to expand access to our innovative financial products to more markets and more partners.