RFQ: Data Analytics and MIS Expert
In India, the access to affordable credit for Bottom of the Pyramid (BoP) segment is still beyond their reach even after increase bank branches, introduction of Small finance Banks and deep penetration of MFIs. This is because of high operating cost for small loans amount. Our client is currently devising credit program/product that is affordable and easily accessible to the low-income women entrepreneur segment including SHG/ JLG individuals, nano & micro women entrepreneurs.
The proposed program/product will explore various approaches to provide affordable credit (say around 13-15% pa) to this segment and create an enabling policy framework for micro-entrepreneurial activities of enterprises in the BoP segment, with specific focus on women, and their graduation. The program includes engagement and advisory services with in-field support, as well as capacity building for the client partners ( like women focused aggregators such as identified State Livelihood Rural Missions (SRLMs)/ Credit Cooperatives, NGO/ CBO-MFIs/ other Non-financial partners etc.)
Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking for a strong Data Analytics & MIS Expert who will be responsible for the following
- Review the existing data management tools/ data cuts to report gender wise access to enterprise finance and create an action plan/approach for same.
- The development, testing, and establishment of a standard MIS protocol, daily dashboards for publishing; analytical reports, among others.
- Developing robust data collection systems and automated tools to extract data from relevant sources
- Maintaining and updating the data base of all the stakeholders relevant to the program
- Analyze partner and gender wise data, credit portfolio, repayment rate, NPA and all other indicators to see the credit portfolio extended to partner MFIs.
- Establish mechanism to rank/rate various partners and stakeholder based on their performance
- Create and share dashboard and leader boards to drive in-field performance of various partners selected for programme implementation.
- Cull out relevant learnings and insights from the client’s partner institutions and relay the same to the Team Leader and client team.
- A degree in relevant stream with a minimum 5 years of proven working experience in data analytics and research
- Strong skills and proficiency to help collect, measure, organize and analyze data
- Technical proficiency regarding data models, techniques for data mining, and segmentation.
- Knowledge of programming languages like SQL and knowledge of data visualization software like Tableau, Qlik, will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of creating algorithms to datasets in order to find solutions, will be an added advantage
- Accuracy and attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Adept at queries, writing reports, and making presentations
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- MS-Excel functions and report preparation
- Willingness and Enthusiastic to travel for about 3-5 days in a month in rural areas of selected state to meet potential partners and support in overall programme implementation.
- Fluency in 2 or more regional languages would be an added advantage
- Mandatory: Candidates residing in Mumbai or willing to shift her/his base to Mumbai for a period of 1 years is a must.
How to Apply
Applications must be received no later than March 31, 2023 at midnight ET.
Please submit the following:
- Cover Letter including but not limited to the following components:
- Professional Experience: Your experience and ability to carry out the responsibilities. Please provide relevant examples of your experience;
- Monthly or daily rate
Women’s World Banking will be unable to contract with any individual who is US citizen or resident without an LLC or LP or similar structure.
*** Applications should be submitted in English ***
DO NOT EMAIL YOUR APPLICATIONS TO THIS LINK. Applications will only be accepted through the below link.
Applicants may submit their question(s) in writing until March 28, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the e-mail subject line “Questions: RFQ: Data Analytics and MIS Expert”.
This RFQ does not guarantee or commit Women’s World Banking to proceeding with the above described work. Due to the overwhelming responses not all candidates will be contacted.
About Women's World Banking
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
For over 40 years, Women’s World Banking has partnered with financial institutions, showing them the benefit of investing in women as customers. We equip these institutions with in-depth research and data driven insights to develop financial products and educational programs. While our clients are financial service providers, our mission is to engage consumers – women who are marginalized by financial systems.
Women’s World Banking and WWB Asset Management is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.