RFQ: Microfinance/Development Finance Expert
In India, the access to affordable credit for Bottom of the Pyramid (BoP) segment is still beyond their reach even after increase bank branches, introduction of Small finance Banks and deep penetration of MFIs. This is because of high operating cost for small loans amount. Our client is currently devising credit program/product that is affordable and easily accessible to the low-income women entrepreneur segment including SHG/ JLG individuals, nano & micro women entrepreneurs.
The proposed program/product will explore various approaches to provide affordable credit (say around 13-15% pa) to this segment and create an enabling policy framework for micro-entrepreneurial activities of enterprises in the BoP segment, with specific focus on women, and their graduation. The program includes engagement and advisory services with in-field support, as well as capacity building for the client partners ( like women focused aggregators such as identified State Livelihood Rural Missions (SRLMs)/ Credit Cooperatives, NGO/ CBO-MFIs/ other Non-financial partners etc.)
Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking for a strong Microfinance/Development Finance Expertwho will be responsible for the following
- Product/Program design and create an action plan/approach to design and scale up the Enterprise Financing program by assessing/mapping the current status, geographies of intervention, and the requirements of various stakeholders (e.g., CLF of SRLM, Credit cooperatives or societies/ MFIs/ banks, regulators etc.).
- Conduct due diligence of the potential partners
- Support Credit Risk Management expert by providing inputs on –
- Refining existing processes (standard operating procedures, on boarding process management, supervision tools, risk management tools, among others) of the partner selection for various financial inclusion programme.
- Design rating tools and undertake assessment of potential partners.
- Overall Program Management and execution support to the client on/for:
- Play a strong role and serve as the project liaison among all the key stakeholders (client team, SRLM, MFIs, Banks, credit cooperatives, Women’s World Banking) during all project phases.
- Oversee and support the design, development, implementation, and testing of the various strategies, engagements in close coordination with the key stakeholders
- Set up monitoring mechanisms to ensure timely deployment and effectiveness.
- Facilitate formation of steering committee for project review purpose comprising key members of client, WWB and other stakeholder to select partners and review the project.
- Customise the product/program based on the field learnings and programme requirement,
- Design capacity building & training program for the client and their partners.
- Present recommendations in a business-friendly way that identifies any issues, details business/client impact, and build a business case and consensus for implementation.
- MBA or post graduate with relevant professional experience of a minimum of 10 Years’ experience in Microfinance/ Livelihoods Programmes/MFIs/ Microfinance consulting and Credit Cooperatives.
- Experience in Microfinance operations, supporting and handholding NGO/ Community based MFIs
- Strong project planning, implementation, presentation and coordination skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Strong ability to inspire and influence others
- Strong interest in access to financial services among un/underbanked segment
- Willingness and Enthusiastic to travel for about 1-2 weeks in a month to meet potential partners and support in overall programme implementation.
- Fluency in English and Hindi.
- Mandatory: Candidates residing in Mumbai or willing to shift her/his base to Mumbai for a period of 1 years is a must.
How to Apply
Applications must be received no later than March 31, 2023 at midnight ET.
Please submit the following:
- Cover Letter including but not limited to the following components:
- Professional Experience: Your experience and ability to carry out the responsibilities. Please provide relevant examples of your experience;
- Monthly or daily rate
Women’s World Banking will be unable to contract with any individual who is US citizen or resident without an LLC or LP or similar structure.
*** Applications should be submitted in English ***
DO NOT EMAIL YOUR APPLICATIONS TO THIS LINK. Applications will only be accepted through the below link.
Applicants may submit their question(s) in writing until March 28, 2023 to email@example.com. Please include in the e-mail subject line “Questions: RFQ: Microfinance/Development Finance Expert”.
This RFQ does not guarantee or commit Women’s World Banking to proceeding with the above described work. Due to the overwhelming responses not all candidates will be contacted.
About Women's World Banking
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
For over 40 years, Women’s World Banking has partnered with financial institutions, showing them the benefit of investing in women as customers. We equip these institutions with in-depth research and data driven insights to develop financial products and educational programs. While our clients are financial service providers, our mission is to engage consumers – women who are marginalized by financial systems.
Women’s World Banking and WWB Asset Management is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.