RFQ: Project Manager for South Asia – Lucknow
Women’s World Banking is seeking to recruit Project Manager for a period of to be based out of Lucknow.
About the Project
The project aims to facilitate the “Jan Dhan Plus” solution implementation by the identified Rural Regional Banks or RRBs, in partnership with NABARD. The project aims that as a part of the implementation the solution, RRBs launch a small savings scheme called “Jan Dhan Plus”, they undertake targeted communication and outreach that welcomes customers, in particular, women and provides them nudges to take action, strengthening of the BC channel to help skill agents and enable them to become more relationship oriented; thus resulting in a more engaged PMJDY customers, with increased uptake of other products such as emergency credit (OD), accident insurance (PMSBY), life insurance (PMJJBY) and APY (pension)
Roles and Responsibilities
The project would include:
- Setting up the “Jan Dhan Plus” project processes at NABARD included but not limited to notification of the program Jan Dhan Plus” scheme and monitoring and evaluation of individual replication initiative
- Developing the materials for the cohort (defined as a group of RRBs) based replication program
- Conducting the 4 month “Jan Dhan Plus” replication program with a cohort of identified RRBs in collaboration with NABARD.
- Facilitating the implementation through capacity building and periodic support (in-field and remote) to the RRBs’ participants during the program, including the opportunity to troubleshoot any challenges that these RRB participants might face.
We are looking for a strong development finance expert who will be responsible for the following:
Undertake conducting of the cohort-based program that consists of three 2-day capacity building program/workshop components along with facilitation support (in-field and remote) to participating RRBs for “Jan Dhan Plus” solution implementation in their own context. This would include the following:
- Plan and conduct 1st 2 day program (cohort 6 RRBs) on diagnostic and details of the program
- Aid RRBs in conducting their needs analysis/ diagnostic (with RRBs sharing the information)
- Travel to the RRBs in the cohort and facilitate them in notification of the scheme, set up of processes, conduct the ‘train-the-trainer’ module of BC training (skilling and conducting camps) and handover open files for necessary materials, support RRBs in implementation of project
- Conduct the 2nd 2-day training program - "how to" and provide them all resources.
- Visit RRBs as they set up the program. Observe agent training in conducting the agent trainings, initial camps among others. Assess the RRB in their efforts and suggest corrective measures
- Conduct the 3rd 2-day training program. Assessing the efforts and diagnosing/ solving for potential issues
- Visit RRBs and run final workshops with the team. Explain the MIS that they need to share with HO
- Refine the program based on the first cohort being run.
- Run the second Cohort of 5 RRBs
- At the end of project period, handover the training and material to BIRD so that the final cohort can be run.
- Candidates residing in Lucknow or willing to shift her/his base to Lucknow for a period of 8 to 10 months is a must.
- MBA or post graduate with relevant professional experience of a minimum of 7 Years’ experience in Development finance/Microfinance/ Livelihoods Programmes/MFIs/ Microfinance consulting and Credit Cooperatives.
- Experience in Microfinance operations, supporting and handholding NGO’s/community based organizations
- Very good project planning, implementation, presentation and coordination skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Strong ability to inspire and influence others
- Very positive team working, building and management skills
- Strong interest in access to financial services among un/underbanked segment
- Willingness and Enthusiastic to travel for about 1-2 weeks in a month to meet potential partners and support in overall programme implementation.
- Fluency in English and Hindi is must, in one or more regional languages will be added advantage
How to Apply
Applications must be received no later than April 30, 2023 at midnight GMT.
Please include the below in your application:
- Cover letter, including the below elements:
- A brief statement of your capacity to complete this work, listing similar projects and completed/relevant organizational experience;
- Expected monthly remuneration; and
- References (at least two).
- Resume / CV
Applicants may submit their question(s) in writing until April 28, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the e-mail subject line “Questions: For the role of Project Manager”
This RFP/RFQ does not guarantee or commit Women’s World Banking to proceeding with the above described work. Due to the overwhelming responses not all candidates will be contacted.
About Women's World Banking
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
For over 40 years, Women’s World Banking has partnered with financial institutions, showing them the benefit of investing in women as customers. We equip these institutions with in-depth research and data driven insights to develop financial products and educational programs. While our clients are financial service providers, our mission is to engage consumers – women who are marginalized by financial systems.
Women’s World Banking and WWB Asset Management is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.