RFQ: Project Manager (India)
Women’s World Banking is seeking to recruit Project Manager to work in close co-ordination with Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises (CGTMSE) to help devise and implement improvements in credit guarantee scheme and improve the effectiveness of the overall program with the identified stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Project approach would be for the following:
- To provide technical advisory and institutional capacity building to strategic stakeholders (CGTMSE and FSPs).
- Mobilizing the eco system for action by working with apex institutions to advocate and influence action.
- Building evidence and industry dialogue by demonstrating economic empowerment of women enterprises and increase evidence and dialogue on value of credit to women enterprises.
We are looking for a strong development finance expert with extensive understanding of MSME landscape in India who will be responsible for the following:
- The Project Manager will be responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing, and managing strategic programs and initiatives focused on enhancing MSME’s access to credit. They would need to collaborate with CGTMSE, Member Lending Institutions (MLI’s), government agencies, and other industry players to facilitate enhanced ease of credit access to MSME’s.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with CGTMSE, MLI’s, Industry associations and government bodies.
- Foster partnerships to streamline credit guarantee processes and improve credit access and flow to MSME’s by the MLI’s.
- Develop proof of concepts, test efficacy and execute strategic plans and initiatives basis the same to promote credit accessibility, identify market trends and opportunities to improve credit products and services for MSMEs.
- Evaluate processes, identify areas of improvement and co-ordinate for re-engineering of systems and processes with CGTMSE and Financial service providers as applicable.
- Organize training programs and workshops for financial service providers and women empowerment collectives to enhance their understanding and awareness of CGTMSE schemes and processes.
- Enabling the revisions in the schemes and the benefits to be widely disseminated to the Member lending institutions (MLI’s), devise and drive campaigns to facilitate the same.
- Play the role of technical advisor/facilitator to help the MLI’s leverage the schemes better and reach out to “new to credit” segment.
- Conduct regular evaluations to measure the effectiveness of initiatives and suggest improvements.
- Prepare regular reports on program impact and effectiveness and work closely with key stakeholders to enhance the same.
- Master’s in business, finance, economics, or a related field preferably with at least 10 years of banking/lending experience
- Sound knowledge of MSME financing, credit guarantee schemes and financial markets along with good understanding of government policies and regulations related to MSME’s
- Strong program planning, management, implementation, presentation and coordination skills
- Excellent communication(verbal and written)skills, problem solving skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical mindset and reporting skills
- Strong ability to inspire and influence key stakeholders to ensure a seamless delivery
- Willingness to travel to partner and other stakeholder locations across the country
- Fluency in 2 or more regional languages would be an added advantage
Mandatory: Candidates residing in Mumbai or willing to shift her/his base to Mumbai for a period of 24 to 36 months is a must.
How to Apply
Applications must be received no later than December 15, 2023 at midnight GMT.
Please include the below in your application:
- Cover letter, including the below elements:
- A brief statement of your capacity to complete this work, listing similar projects and completed/relevant organizational experience;
- Expected monthly remuneration; and
- References (at least two).
- Resume / CV
Applicants may submit their question(s) in writing until November 30, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the e-mail subject line “Questions: For the role of Project Manager”
This RFQ does not guarantee or commit Women’s World Banking to proceeding with the above described work. Due to the overwhelming responses not all candidates will be contacted.
Women’s World Banking is an equal opportunity employer for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Women’s World Banking will be unable to contract with any individual who is US citizen or resident without an LLC or LP or similar structure.
About Women's World Banking
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
For over 40 years, Women’s World Banking has partnered with financial institutions, showing them the benefit of investing in women as customers. We equip these institutions with in-depth research and data driven insights to develop financial products and educational programs. While our clients are financial service providers, our mission is to engage consumers – women who are marginalized by financial systems.
Women’s World Banking and WWB Asset Management is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.