RFQ: Women Livelihood Program Management Consultant
Women’s World Banking is looking to hire a Consultant to manage deliverables on a Project in Maharashtra that will catalyze growth of rural Women Entrepreneurs (WE) by supporting enhancement of Business Development Skills and Digital financial capabilities. The Consultant will support the design of solution elements, implement the interventions and demonstrate some proof of concept in the next one year. The aim is to work towards our organizational goal of advancing financial security, prosperity, and empowerment of low-income women by providing capacity strengthening support and financial inclusion.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Technical Advisory: Leverage subject matter expertise to deliver high-quality technical assistance to Government Departments to build and implement capacity building solutions that are scalable and that meet Women Entrepreneur’s (WE) needs.
- Relationship Management: Manage relationships with various stakeholders, such as the Government Departments promoting the Women Entrepreneurship programs, Training Service Providers, Financial Service Providers, Technology companies that offer tools to WEs, etc. to ensure smooth Project delivery.
- Project Management:
- Execution of Pilot initiatives (Content Development, Conducting ToT programs, Field implementation management) in line with the Project’s overall strategy;
- Provide coordination support & liaison with all the teams involved.
- Track key performance indicators and ensure progress as per project plan
- Regular field visits to gather insights on project delivery and effectiveness
- Prepare and deliver project reports, customized dashboards, consolidated schedules, supporting documents, and presentations for program and project status meetings;
- Monitor Pilot progress and manage changes to project scope, schedule, and delivery.
- Master’s degree in a related field;
- 5+ years of technical experience in the Livelihoods sector across skilling, training, entrepreneurship development, field implementation & capacity building as well as strong Program Management and Relationship Management skills;
- 3+ years of experience providing advisory or consulting services and/or working with Government departments
- High level of competence in written & spoken Marathi;
- Experience in team management & field coordination
- Experience in developing training content modules and imparting in-person training sessions (ToT)
- Willingness to travel for 4-8 days in a month to rural Maharashtra to assess and monitor program implementation
- Demonstrated ability to execute and successfully achieve Program objectives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with aggressive timelines;
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills with expertise in Program documentation
How to Apply
To apply please include the below in your application:
- Cover letter, including the below elements:
- A brief statement of your capacity to complete this work, listing similar projects and completed/relevant organizational experience;
- Expected monthly fee; and
- References (at least two).
2. Resume / CV
This RFQ does not guarantee or commit Women’s World Banking to proceeding with the above described work. Due to the overwhelming responses not all candidates will be contacted.
Women’s World Banking is an equal opportunity employer for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Women’s World Banking will be unable to contract with any individual who is US citizen or resident without an LLC or LP or similar structure.
About Women's World Banking
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
For over 40 years, Women’s World Banking has partnered with financial institutions, showing them the benefit of investing in women as customers. We equip these institutions with in-depth research and data driven insights to develop financial products and educational programs. While our clients are financial service providers, our mission is to engage consumers – women who are marginalized by financial systems.
Women’s World Banking and WWB Asset Management is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.