On April 7th and 8th, WWB hosted the 9th annual Women’s World Banking and the Capital Markets Conference. This conference is the leading industry event of its kind, bringing together expert practitioners from the mainstream financial sector and the microfinance industry, and providing a forum for knowledge exchange. This year’s conference discussed why microfinance still needs and warrants quality investments to help achieve its vision of positively impacting the lives of poor and vulnerable people through provision of financial services while managing businesses that meet shareholder objectives.
The conference covered a wide range of topics including:
- Are Microfinance IPOs socially responsible exits for Microfinance Institutions?
- Unforseen Crises in Microfinance;
- Social Impact;
- Maximizing the Effectiveness of Investments in Microfinance;
- Technology and Microfinance and
- The Value of Investing in Women.