Individuals and companies are encouraged to apply.
About Women’s World Banking
Women’s World Banking is an international network of 39 microfinance institutions in 28 countries. The network serves over 19 million customers, over 73% of which are women. The mission of the Women’s World Banking global network is to expand the economic assets, participation, and power of low-income women and their households by helping them access financial services, knowledge and markets.
Objectives of the Consultant:
Women’s World Banking is seeking a Consultant to advise on the research and product design as part of Feasibility Studies for a health microinsurance product (hospital-cash) to be offered in partnership with financial institutions in Mexico and Brazil.
Responsibilities may include:
- Conduct industry research for Mexico and Brazil focusing on microinsurance and healthcare trends amongst low-income populations
- Contribute to the design of customer research in Mexico and Brazil with the objectives of assessing the needs and current healthcare financing strategies used by the target populations and testing the product prototype(s).
- Contribute to the product design and high-level recommendations for pilot implementation with microfinance institutions in Mexico and Brazil.
- Identify potential insurance partners to partner with financial institutions for pilot launch in Mexico and Brazil and help conduct the tender process.
The Consultant may be responsible for the following outcomes:
- Industry Research report
- Product prototype for customer research testing
- Product design and recommendations for institution for pilot
- Request for Proposal for tender process with insurance companies
Duration of Consultancy
The Consultant may be engaged up to March 31, 2014 with a start date of September 2, 2013.
Location of Work
The Consultant may be based remotely but will be required to be available for calls and collaboration with New York-based team members on Easter Daylight/Standard Time and for regular travel to Mexico and Brazil.
- At least 10 years of experience in the insurance industry
- Track record of successful projects in microinsurance
- Country experience in emerging markets
- Ability to manage expenses on a reimbursable basis
- Ability to work well in teams and meet deadlines in- and out- of-field
- Ability to travel to Mexico and Brazil
- Fluency in English is required. Proficiency in Spanish and Portuguese is encouraged. Please indicate your language qualifications in your proposal.
Please submit your proposal, including but not limited to the following components: (1) detailed fee proposal clearly stating what is and is not included in the proposal; (2) timeline to fulfill a deliverable; (3) proposal of work product; (4) project team roles and responsibilities for the project; (5) 3 references. Your proposal is due no later than August 23, 2013 at 5:00pm EST to email@example.com.
Applicants may submit their question(s) in writing until August 23, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org.