For Women’s World Banking, 2021 marked a year of scale and expanded impact. Our new structure reflects our mission to advance financial inclusion as a global and advocacy-focused organization:
- Global Client Services expands our in-market presence and builds capabilities and decision-making authority in Southeast Asia, South Asia, Africa, and Mexico.
- Global Advocacy and Influence enhances our research, policy work, and communications, and leverages our Global Network.
- Global Shared Services drives operational efficiency using organization-wide insights and metrics.
- Women’s World Banking Asset Management (WAM) invests directly in inclusive financial institutions, driving more capital toward the commercial opportunity presented by women’s financial inclusion. Under this streamlined structure, we will be better positioned to influence for action and advance our goal of reaching 100 million women by 2027.
A Few 2021 Highlights:
- 18 Advisory Services projects were active across 8 countries.
- 15,000 women’s voices now represented in our research.
- $18.75 million invested in 5 inclusive finance institutions.
For more information on Women’s World Banking’s work in 2021, download the full Impact Report.