- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
Administrative Assistant to the President & CEO
Title: Administrative Assistant to the President & CEO
Reports to: The Head of Board Relations
Location: New York, New York
Start Date: Immediate
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
For more than 35 years, Women’s World Banking has partnered with financial institutions, showing them the benefit of investing in women as customers. We equip these institutions with in-depth research and data driven insights to develop financial products and educational programs. While our clients are financial service providers, our mission is to engage consumers – women who are marginalized by financial systems.
The organization is seeking an exceptional Administrative Assistant to support all aspects of the President’s Office, including engagement with Women’s World Banking’s Board of Directors. As an Administrative Assistant, you will be central to the coordination of the day-to-day activities of the President and the Board. You are calm under pressure, comfortable liaising with the organization’s senior leadership and Board members, and able to seamlessly and diplomatically manage confidential discussions and materials.
- Manage the President’s schedule and maintain a very active calendar of international travel, meetings, speaking engagements and events;
- Manage President’s email inbox, flagging items for review and initiating and ensuring proper follow-up;
- Develop a nuanced understanding of the President’s communication style and preferences – as requested, draft or edit various materials coming from, or intended for, the Office of the President. Ultimately, assume responsibility for proactively managing the bulk of the President’s correspondence;
- Schedule, coordinate, and facilitate meetings of Women’s World Banking’s various governing and advisory bodies (including attending meetings, taking detailed minutes, and coordinating travel arrangements/assisting with catering requests, where relevant);
- Coordinate the scheduling and necessary logistics of key meetings with staff members, local partners, donors, and others outside of the organization;
- Prepare materials required for speaking events, including PowerPoint presentations and analytical reports; liaising with the Communications and Development teams for assistance in preparing materials;
- Work with Women’s World Banking’s travel agency to plan and secure the most cost-effective, yet efficient travel plans and accommodations;
- Prepare expense reports and secure reimbursement of expenses from third parties; and
- As necessary, run occasional office-related errands for the President.
Preferred Qualifications and Key Attributes
- 3-5 years’ professional experience working as an administrative assistant;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Experience with scheduling and managing complex, fluid itineraries for extensive international and occasional domestic travel;
- Outstanding abilities to prioritize, analyze, synthesize, organize and effectively manage multiple competing tasks with excellent attention to details and follow-through;
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including the ability to draft and edit written correspondence;
- Capacity to thrive in a busy environment, handling tasks and shifting schedules with ease;
- Proficiency with office systems and software (e.g., Outlook Calendar, Salesforce);
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills; capacity to work effectively in teams and in diverse settings;
- Results-oriented; able to make the most of limited resources; and
- Fluency in English. Spanish and/or French highly desirable.
Women’s World Banking is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. EOE M/F/V/D.