- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
Board Relations Associate
Title: Board Relations Associate
Reports to: Manager, Executive Communications and Board Relations
Location: New York, NY
Start Date: Immediate
Women’s World Banking is a leading international not-for-profit with a mission to support the financial inclusion of all women, with a special focus on the poor. The organization is seeking a Board Relations Associate who will serve as a key member of the President’s Office, reporting to the Manager of Executive Communications & Board Relations (and by extension, partnering closely with the President & CEO and Chief Operating Officer) to execute all matters related to Women’s World Banking’s Board of Directors.
Responsibilities include coordination of and content development for all Board and Committee meetings, relationship management for all Board members, stewardship of strategic initiatives, and coordination of all communications to the Board from the Office of the President. The Board Relations Associate may also provide similar support to Women’s World Banking’s regional Advisory Councils and the Boards/Committees associated with the organization’s impact investing arm.
The position offers the opportunity to interact with and contribute to all teams across the organization, and to partner with Women’s World Banking’s senior leadership team in particular. Successful candidates for this role will thrive in a fast-paced environment, have excellent written and verbal communications skills, demonstrate impeccable attention to detail, and be collaborative and enterprising in their work.
- Coordinate all Board and Committee meetings to ensure that meetings are successfully managed and that all relevant information and materials are distributed in a timely manner:
- Coordinate the board meetings’ logistics, conference calls and related activities ensuring that all matters related to the efficient and effective running of Board meetings are handled in a timely manner;
- Create advanced scheduling time line and proactively manage Board and Committee logistical arrangements, including travel and hotel arrangements, catering for meetings, dinners, teleconference or video conference needs;
- Coordinate the preparation of all documents and presentations, both electronic and paper, working closely with the Manager of Executive Communications & Board Relations and other Women’s World Banking global team members, and ensure that board members receive all materials in a timely fashion;
- Be comfortable dealing with governance documents, procedures, and legalities;
- Take comprehensive notes during Board meetings, and synthesize into meaningful minutes and “next steps”;
- Prepare thank you notes, visa letters, tax substantiations and any other documentation Board members may require; and
- Process Reimbursements to all Board members for expenses incurred.
- Support the Manager of Executive Communications & Board Relations in coordinating communications to the Board to ensure efficient work flow throughout the organization and to ensure that all business is addressed properly and expeditiously;
- Support the President’s Office and Leadership Team in all interactions with both Boards;
- Ensure all Board documents are up to date and in compliance with regulations in all pertinent jurisdictions; this may include Board member registrations, Board by-laws and governance guidelines, and committee charters;
- Organize and participate in key Women’s World Banking meetings that will require Board attention involving policy, strategy, operations, fundraising, program implementation and workshops, and ensure that all follow-up occurs; and
- Play a key role in staffing the Chair of the Board’s Development Committee and partnering with the Development Team to ensure high levels of support and continuity for all Board fundraising activities.
Required Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two years of experience in communications, finance, law/governance, or development;
- Fluent in English, proficiency in French/Spanish/Arabic a plus;
- Strong verbal, interpersonal analytical and written skills (a writing test will be given) with an ability to effectively represent the President’s Office to high-level individuals from a broad variety of cultures;
- Be comfortable working independently and collaboratively across teams, with the ability to maintain high-quality work in a fast-paced environment;
- Be highly organized with exceptional attention to detail;
- Demonstrate sound judgment and discretion with sensitive information;
- Possess a high degree of self-motivation and resourcefulness with an ability to work independently to solve problems and initiate numerous activities with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrate outstanding ability to prioritize, analyze, synthesize, organize and effectively manage multiple priorities;
- Have advanced computer skills with a proven ability to produce high-quality presentation materials, as well as a strong understanding of and fluency with social media channels; and
- Be willing to travel internationally on select occasions.
About Women’s World Banking
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
Our approach is to solve for market gaps which inhibit the financial inclusion of women. We identify barriers through intensive market research and produce commercially viable solutions through women-centered design which can be scaled for maximum impact. Our work is further amplified through our influencer strategies and global network of professional institutions.
Women’s World Banking is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. EOE M/F/V/D