- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
Title: Communications Specialist
Reports to: Vice President, Marketing and Communications
Location: New York, NY
Start Date: Immediately
Women’s World Banking is looking for an experienced communications specialist to reach our target audiences (financial service providers, policymakers, donors) and support our work as the thought leader on women’s financial inclusion. The communications specialist will be a strong writer, able to draft stories by interpreting data, understanding trends, and uncovering insights. The communications specialist will work closely with other members of the marketing and communications team including social media, events, and sales enablement, along with the office of the CEO and development and strategic advisory teams.
- Draft compelling content including op-eds, annual reports, blogs, publications, and case studies tailored to specific audiences and channels;
- Uncover insights and data to be used in communications from cross-functional project teams;
- Monitor news and industry trends in order to proactively pitch ideas for stories and articles; and
- Develop creative ways to produce content to meet target audience needs.
- 5-7 years of content production and communications experience in financial services, B2B or advocacy organizations;
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams;
- Excellent writer (a writing test will be given) and editor with great attention to detail;
- Ability to write in different thought provoking styles from case studies to op-eds to blogs, adapting voice as needed per channel;
- Ability to bring new creative ideas to communicating our work;
- Strong project management skills;
- Experience managing external consultants and agencies; and
- Experience producing content to support overall marketing and communications strategy.
- Industry experience in financial services, B2B, financial inclusion or advocacy organizations with a global lens; and
- Fluency in Spanish, Arabic, and/or French.
Within the first 75 days:
- Embrace Women’s World Banking’s core values and desired behaviors;
- Understand the Women’s World Banking organizational strategy, brand guidelines and messaging;
- Develop relationships with cross-functional teams;
- Develop compelling content for different channels/audiences; and
- Demonstrate your command for the position.
About Women’s World Banking
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
Our approach is to solve for market gaps which inhibit the financial inclusion of women. We identify barriers through intensive market research and produce commercially viable solutions through women-centered design which can be scaled for maximum impact. Our work is further amplified through our influencer strategies and global network of professional institutions.
Women’s World Banking is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. EOE M/F/V/D