- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
Design & Media Volunteer
WOMEN’S WORLD BANKING
In order for more low-income women to have access to financial products than ever before, Women’s World Banking works closely with its global network of 49 financial institutions from 31 countries to create new credit, savings, and insurance products specifically designed for the unique needs of low-income women.
Institutions in our network are committed to serving women as clients, innovators, and leaders. Women’s World Banking has found new ways to help women build financial safety nets, by showing a broader range of financial institutions how to move beyond traditional microfinance to provide financial products that include savings and insurance.
RATIONAL OR PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Women’s World Banking would like the assistance of a creative marketing & graphic design volunteer to join the Communications and Marketing team. While the activities will focus on these areas of design, the volunteer may support on additional marketing activities as needed. Design projects may include collateral pieces, email templates, sell sheets, and more. The volunteer should be able to take brand guidelines or show looks and apply them to different pieces. The opportunity is unpaid.
RESOURCES AND SUPPORT DURING THE ASSIGNMENT
The Volunteer will have access to the full suite of Women’s World Banking information resources with daily on-the-job training on use of Women’s World Banking databases and information. The Volunteer will also have access to interactions with Women’s World Banking’s Global team on cross-functional team projects when necessary. The Volunteer will be given a shared space at Women’s World Banking headquarters in New York City.
MONITORING DURING THE ASSIGNMENT
The Volunteer will report directly to the digital marketing lead.
The Volunteer will be evaluated by the Communications and Marketing team at the end of the assignment.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, & Photoshop and/or other common design and layout applications). Knowledge of WordPress, Adobe Premiere, & After Effects is a plus.
- Having a computer and access to graphic design and layout software is preferred.
- Must be organized and detailed oriented.
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Strong proofreading skills and ability to edit copy.
- Ability to closely adhere to organization’s brand guidelines and design standards.
- Ability to keep projects on track creatively and in accordance with production deadlines.
- Proven success with managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have ability to work independently as well as in partnership with a team.
- Must be able to define and work within deadlines.
Women’s World Banking is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. EOE M/F/V/D
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
For more than 35 years, Women’s World Banking has partnered with financial institutions, showing them the benefit of investing in women as customers. We equip these institutions with in-depth research and data driven insights to develop financial products and educational programs. While our clients are financial service providers, our mission is to engage consumers – women who are marginalized by financial systems.