- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
Director of Project Management Office
Reporting to: EVP of Market Research & Solution Development
Location: New York, New York
Start Date: Immediate
Women’s World Banking is the global leader in women’s financial inclusion. Rooted in our deep understanding of the women’s market, we tackle financial inclusion in three interconnected ways: first, by partnering with financial services providers to develop scalable market-driven solutions; second, through our gender-lens private equity fund; and, finally, because diverse institutions are proven to be stronger, we build institutional capacity through leadership and diversity programs. Through this holistic approach and our global reach of 49 institutions in 31 countries, we accelerate economic opportunity for low-income women and growth for financial service providers in the emerging markets.
Women’s World Banking is seeking a Director of our Project Management Office to establish PMO and institutionalize best practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization. Our goal for this team is to primarily support programmatic activities, but have some opportunities to work with all departments across Women’s World Banking. The PMO will staff and support various initiatives based on demand and need, with a priority of staffing billable projects.
- Manage a portfolio of complex global projects, ensuring the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives;
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, and project success criteria results, communicating across leadership and stakeholders;
- Provide leadership for project management team by developing and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones develop and adhere to budgets;
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of projects and ensure successful delivery of projects or programs: Includes full implementation from initiation to deployment for several initiatives simultaneously;
- Identify risk and escalate as required;
- Build relationships with internal and external partners;
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence;
- Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes;
- Make recommendations to enhance delivery of projects;
- Manage the day-to-day project activities, capacity planning and resources; and
- Chairs the project management team meetings.
Within the first 75 days:
- Embrace our organization’s unique characteristics and offerings in order to best support our mission;
- Learn and comprehend our business model;
- Conduct stakeholder assessment and structure the PMO;
- Implement capacity management processes in partnership with key stakeholders;
- Establish yourself as a qualified and trustworthy teammate, leader, and project manager;
- Become trained and fully integrate the use of Salesforce into your day-to-day activities; and
- Demonstrate your command for the position.
Skills & Attributes
- Collaborative leader and team player who is an astute listener, self-starter and independent thinker with significant personal ambition to make business and social impact within the financial inclusion community;
- Ability to quickly isolate problems, articulate them, and implement solutions;
- Impeccable communication capabilities and instincts, understanding and applying formality or familiarity in appearance, speech and approach where appropriate;
- Strong ability to understand, represent and moderate varying concerns across a wide base of diverse stakeholders;
- Strong writing skills and ability to capture both large volumes of data and cogent key insights that can be clearly communicated to different audiences;
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to synthesize data and information to provide a high-level view which is accessible to a range of audiences;
- Supports a culture of excellence, openness, and the encouragement of new ideas;
- Willingness to ask for help; and
- Is not afraid to fail and learn;
- 7+ years of progressive project or program management experience; demonstrated ability to work independently;
- Experience in setting up a project management office.
- Experience working on large scale global projects.
- PMP and CSM certifications.
- Track record of superior creativity and problem solving abilities;
- Strong project management skills and respect for meeting tight deadlines;
- Proven collaborative, negotiation, and persuasion skills;
- Impeccable presentation, verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience with and a level of comfort in working across departments, across cultures and with internal and external stakeholders;
- Aptitude for a fast pace, diverse work environment;
- Ability to work with remote teams; and
- Willingness to take on significant travel to emerging markets.
- Exposure to commercial and retail business models;
- Experience in research, ideation, creative agencies, finance, financial modeling, consulting, events management, social impact investing, fundraising, etc.;
- Fluency in Spanish, Arabic, and/or French.