- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: President and CEO
Location: New York, NY
Start Date: Immediate
Women’s World Banking is a leading international not-for-profit with a mission to support the financial inclusion of all women, with a special focus on the poor. The organization is seeking an exceptional Executive Assistant to support our CEO in order to maximize her effectiveness and impact. This individual must have a commitment to the highest level of professionalism, communication and coordination. This is a leadership position with expectations that the individual will be able to act on behalf of the CEO, when requested, or when it is in the best interest of the office.
Manage the CEO’s schedule and prioritize requests and demands for the CEO’s time. By creating a frictionless work environment, the Executive Assistant will allow her to make the greatest possible contribution to Women’s World Banking and its mission whether in the office or while traveling:
- Schedule and maintain a very active calendar of international travel, meetings, speaking engagements and events
- Coordinate the scheduling and necessary logistics of key meetings and phone calls, often across multiple time zones, with staff members, U.S. and international partners (including those in emerging markets), donors, and others outside of the organization
- With the Communications team, coordinate the CEO’s media calendar and public engagements
- Coordinate the timely preparation of any materials required to support meeting discussions. Ensure that materials are prepared and reviewed for accuracy in advance, so that they are available when needed
Manage all aspects of the CEO’s complex travel schedule, the vast majority of which is international:
- Work with travel agents and other service providers to plan and secure the most cost-effective, yet efficient travel plans and accommodations
- Become familiar with all trip destinations to ensure ease and security of infield travel and logistics
- React quickly to changing circumstances and ensure minimal disruption in itinerary
- Prepare pre-trip briefing materials and post-trip follow-up correspondence
- There may be occasional opportunities to accompany the CEO on international travel.
Coordinate external and internal communications from and to the Office of the CEO to ensure efficient workflow throughout the organization and to ensure that all business is addressed properly and expeditiously:
- Anticipate responses and take appropriate action on incoming communications and relay key information. Where needed, draft responses for the CEO and, in time, assume direct responsibility for preparing and responding to routine correspondence.
- Draft communications for the CEO’s review, coordinating inputs from others throughout the organization, including the Executive Communications team where appropriate. Finalize and ensure the quality of all documents sent from the CEO’s office.
- Work closely with the Manager, Executive Communications and Board Relations in scheduling and preparing all Board and Committee meetings. Develop effective working relationships with Board members and their support staff.
Work with the Communications and Development teams and the CEO in the preparation of speeches, articles and presentations for a variety of audiences, including policy forums, meetings with funders, investors and others:
- Prepare materials required, including PowerPoint presentations and analytical reports; liaise with the Communications and Development teams for assistance preparing complex graphs, charts and other format design needs
- Ensure the effective management of CEO’s social media presence
Provide administrative support to the CEO and ensure that all matters related to the efficient and effective running of the CEO’s Office are handled in a timely manner:
- Arrange and maintain all necessary travel documents (e.g., visas, required immunizations) for the CEO
- Prepare expense reports and secure reimbursement of expenses from third parties
- Organize and maintain the filing system of the CEO’s Office
- Update CRM system (SalesForce) to include essential contacts made by the CEO
Required Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree and 10-year track record of success in working as an executive-level administrative assistant;
- Fluency in English. Spanish and/or French highly desirable;
- Demonstrated experience with scheduling and managing complex, fluid itineraries for extensive international and occasional domestic travel;
- Outstanding abilities to prioritize, analyze, synthesize, organize and effectively manage multiple competing tasks with excellent attention to detail and follow-through;
- Excellent written (a writing test will be given) and verbal skills, including the ability to draft and edit written correspondence, as well as effectively represent the CEO’s office to high-level individuals and across cultures;
- Demonstrate a high degree of self-initiative, resourcefulness and good judgment; able to work independently as well as collaboratively; able to trouble shoot and solve problems; able to initiate and coordinate numerous activities with a minimum of supervision;
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced environment, enabling the CEO to leverage her own time and resources;
- Proven ability to produce high-quality presentation materials; possess advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Proficiency with office systems and software (e.g., Outlook Calendar, Salesforce) in order to optimize efficiency. Be proactive in streamlining office processes;
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills; capacity to work effectively in teams and in diverse settings;
- Results-oriented; able to make the most of limited resources;
- Possess and exercise good judgment and a keen sense of discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information; and
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment.
About Women’s World Banking
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
Our approach is to solve for market gaps which inhibit the financial inclusion of women. We identify barriers through intensive market research and produce commercially viable solutions through women-centered design which can be scaled for maximum impact. Our work is further amplified through our influencer strategies and global network of professional institutions.
Women’s World Banking is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. EOE M/F/V/D