- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
RFP: Research Firm in Cambodia – REISSUED
DATE ISSUED: September 25, 2017
SUBMISSION DUE: October 9, 2017
***EXTENDED SUBMISSION DATE: October 20, 2017
Women’s World Banking is partnering with a global insurance and health services provider and a large mobile network operator in Cambodia to optimize a digital microinsurance solution. A research study will seek to understand the behavior of clients who access/use the microinsurance products, as well as outcomes for the clients and their households. The study will include quantitative surveys, supplemented by qualitative research. Women’s World Banking is seeking proposals from qualified research firms to implement the study.
ABOUT WOMEN’S WORLD BANKING
Women’s World Banking is the global leader in women’s financial inclusion. Rooted in our deep understanding of the women’s market, we tackle financial inclusion in three interconnected ways: first, by partnering with financial services providers to develop scalable market-driven solutions; second, through our gender-lens private equity fund; and, finally, because diverse institutions are proven to be stronger, we build institutional capacity through leadership and diversity programs. Through this holistic approach and our global reach of 49 institutions in 32 countries, we accelerate economic opportunity for low-income women and growth for financial service providers in the emerging markets.
OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Women’s World Banking is seeking a local research firm to support the research study. The study seeks to understand the attributes and behaviors of women and men clients, as well as short- and medium-term outcomes from access and usage of the insurance products. A quantitative survey will be implemented with a representative sample of the current client base of 600,000 clients. Interviews may be in-person or by phone, to be determined in collaboration with the selected firm. There will be at least 2 waves of surveys implemented. This will be supplemented by qualitative research (individual interviews, focus groups, observations), at 2-3 points during the program implementation.
The responsibilities of the firm include (but are not limited to):
- Collaborating with Women’s World Banking on the research design, including defining the sampling strategy;
- Participating in the development of questionnaires, including:
- Input on the design of the tools;
- Piloting/field testing questionnaires; and
- Developing relevant documentation for field work, including manuals, interviewer guidelines and other research tools (translated into local languages, as needed)
- Selecting, hiring and training a team of interviewers and facilitators to collect the data (meeting gender and language requirements);
- Implementing and overseeing data collection activities;
- Entering, cleaning and coding collected data; and
- Collaborating with partners on analysis of data.
Ideal respondents to this RFP include research organizations with skills and competencies in the following areas:
- Development of questionnaires for individual data collection;
- Ability to train and field a high quality survey in the required period;
- Ability to handle complex panel datasets of high quality;
- Ability to facilitate a variety of qualitative research methodologies; and
- Ability to conduct analysis of data and report on results.
The research will begin in mid-October 2017. The timing for the surveys and qualitative research will be determined in partnership with the selected firm.
Applications must be received no later than
October 9, 2017 October 20, 2017 at midnight EST.
Please include the below in your application:
- Organizational Capacity and Experience
- Please provide a brief statement of your organization’s capacity to complete this work, listing similar projects completed/relevant organizational experience.
- Please provide references.
- Team Structure and Organization of Work
- Describe the proposed team required, including team leaders, any statisticians, supervisors and enumerators for field work and how they will be organized, data management staff, and any other others who will be involved in the work. Attach CVs of senior staff who will be leading the work.
- With the team proposed, how many interviews do you expect to do per day and how many days do you expect to be in the field?
- How quickly would you be able to organize fieldwork as described?
- Describe your system for quality control of interviews and data in the field.
- Describe your system for data entry & quality control of data.
- Is your organization available for the described activities in the time periods indicated? If no, list any times where availability it limited.
- Detailed Budget
Applicants may submit their question(s) in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the e-mail subject line “Questions: Research Firm in Cambodia”.
This RFP does not guarantee or commit Women’s World Banking to proceeding with the above described work. Due to the overwhelming responses not all candidates will be contacted.
Women’s World Banking is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Q: After review of the RFP, we would like to request clarification on the scope of the study. Can you please provide additional information about: the estimated expected sample sizes for this survey (number of quantitative and qualitative interviews), and/or the expected budget range for this survey?
A: We would like for you to propose a sample size based on the client base, and associated budget. We will discuss the scope further with short-listed firms, and changes can be made at that time.