- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
Field Operations Manager, India
Title: Field Operations Manager
Industry: Banking, Financial Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Chennai or Bangalore, India
Start Date: Immediate
Women’s World Banking is looking for a Field Operations Manager to join a forward thinking, cross-functional, high-performing, collaborative team focused on delivering innovative customer experiences, banking services and products, that create business and customer value to serve low-income women. S/He will use data, customer context, and business intelligence to deploy customer-centric products that solve business problems. S/He will recommend the best approach to introduce present and future product lines, define go-to-market strategies and drive alignment with our client staff to support the solution roll-out.
The ideal candidate has experience in branch operations and sales across banking and financial services products and services deployment (savings, loans, digital, insurance, Fintech, etc.). Must be a strategic thinker with the ability to see the big picture and propose new ideas for ways of engaging the target audience, and have experience applying data and business intelligence to drive business value. Projects may vary in number, size and complexity.
You should apply to this position if:
- You take initiative to understand the perspective of diverse stakeholders and make strategic recommendations based on what is good for the projects, teams and organizations you work with;
- You find working on complex and challenging problems invigorating;
- You thrive in ambiguity;
- You are driven to find solutions to “making it work”;
- You are excited by understanding, learning and iterating on new methodologies;
- You have a “yes and” mindset when it comes to teamwork and leadership;
- Are interested in making business and social impact, and are passionate about serving low-income women.
- Support the discovery and development, and drive execution of high priority business initiatives, financial products, and services in India for the organization’s strategic financial institution partners;
- Develop go-to-market plans for new product and product enhancements and support the partner financial institution’s teams (branch and agents) to execute this
- Assist in all aspects of solution roll-out from manuals to training to project oversight at last mile to measurement & evaluation of soution take up and ongoing engagement
- Collect and analyze complex data;
- Conduct periodic product performance reviews, monitor against goals and benchmarks;
- Identify, scope and find implementation paths for needed product and/or customer experience enhancements;
- Establish relationships and collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business and customer needs, continually enhance project processes, service offering and delivery for partners.
Within the first 75 days:
- Assume full responsibility of the position;
- Embrace Women’s World Banking’s core values and desired behaviors;
- Forge positive working relationships with cross-functional team;
- Embrace Women’s World Banking’s unique characteristics and offerings;
- Learn and comprehend the Women’s World Banking business model;
- Become trained in and fully integrate the use of Women’s World Banking systems and policies into your day-to-day activities;
Skills & Attributes:
- Collaborative, team player who is an astute listener and thinker while being a self-starter and independent thinker with significant personal ambition and sense of urgency to make business and social impact within the financial inclusion community;
- Excellent people skills, and the ability to form relationships across all levels of the organisation and with agents
- Ability to quickly sense implementation challenges, be a problem solver, identify ways to breakthrough deadlocks and influence solutions on the ground
- Strong writing skills and ability to capture both large volumes of data and cogent key insights that can be clearly communicated to different audiences;
- Supports a culture of excellence, openness, and the encouragement of new ideas;
- Willingness to ask for help;
- Is not afraid to fail and learn;
- Impeccable communication capabilities and instincts, understanding and applying formality or familiarity in appearance, speech and approach where appropriate;
- MBA or Master’s degree in related field
- 10+ years of financial services branch operations or sales experience with at least a few years of liability sales or customer relationship management experience
- 3+ years of experience handling of streaming data and temporal analytics
- Specific work experience in the field of financial inclusion, including gender;
- Must be willing to travel extensively within India and be willing to oversee projects in the last mile during the go-to-market phase to provide hands on support ; and
- Fluency in English & Hindi is a must. Fluency in one of Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Bengali, Gujarati, and/or Rajasthani, is a plus.
- Motivated, innovative, customer-centric, forward thinker;
- Natural people leadership skills; can work with diverse cross-functional teams with strong influence and persuation skills.
- Ability to present fact-based recommendations in a clear, logical and concise way to tell a story with the data;
- Demonstrated ability to execute and successfully achieve objectives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with aggressive timelines;
- Track record of superior creativity and problem solving abilities;
- Proven collaborative, negotiation, and persuasion skills;
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience with and a level of comfort in working across departments;
- Aptitude for a fast pace, results-oriented work environment;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; and
- Ability to work with remote teams.
Women’s World Banking is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. EOE M/F/V/D
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
For more than 35 years, Women’s World Banking has partnered with financial institutions, showing them the benefit of investing in women as customers. We equip these institutions with in-depth research and data driven insights to develop financial products and educational programs. While our clients are financial service providers, our mission is to engage consumers – women who are marginalized by financial systems.