- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
RFP: Web Design, Indonesia’s National Financial Inclusion Council Secretariat
ISSUE DATE: August 1, 2017
SUBMISSION DATE: August 15, 2017
***EXTENDED SUBMISSION DATE: August 29, 2017
Women’s World Banking is seeking a web design firm to provide design and implementation of an informational website for Indonesia’s National Financial Inclusion Council Secretariat.
About Women’s World Banking
Women’s World Banking is the global leader in women’s financial inclusion. Rooted in our deep understanding of the women’s market, we tackle financial inclusion in three interconnected ways: first, by partnering with financial services providers to develop scalable market-driven solutions; second, through our gender-lens private equity fund; and, finally, because diverse institutions are proven to be stronger, we build institutional capacity through leadership and diversity programs. Through this holistic approach and our global reach of 49 institutions in 32 countries, we accelerate economic opportunity for low-income women and growth for financial service providers in the emerging markets.
About the Project
Financial Inclusion has been a priority for Indonesia. In a country home to more than 250 million people, only 36 percent of its population was financially included, according to the 2014 Global Findex. Knowing that financial exclusion affects mostly vulnerable populations living below the poverty line in mostly rural areas, President Joko Widodo launched a new National Strategy of Inclusive Finance (SNKI). Under the SNKI, the National Financial Inclusion Council has been established and assisted by a Secretariat and 7 Working Groups made up of various key ministries and regulatory bodies, which are functionally done within the CMEA.
Tasked with the role of leading the Council to implement the SNKI and reach 75% financial inclusion by 2019, the Secretariat has asked Women’s World Banking to provide support with driving the financial inclusion agenda. Among the deliverables for this engagement is the development a website that will serve as the resource center for knowledge, tools and international best practices for development and implementation of financial inclusion policies, and provide up-to-date information on NFIS progress to the public.
- The website will be in English and Bahasa Indonesia; CMS must allow on-going web manager to easily update both versions when changes arise.
- No content development needed: all content will come from Women’s World Banking and the Secretariat.
- The Secretariat is an entirely new government entity and as such has no existing web presence.
- This website is not an official government website.
An MVP version of the website must be ready by October 2017.
Objectives & Responsibilities
- Creative and technical discovery;
- Includes CMS recommendation;
- Validation of existing proposed site architecture;
- Design direction, based on Secretariat branding;
- Content layout and entry (while the content is predetermined, we welcome advice on type of content, length etc);
- Engineering and Implementation, including Google Analytics, lead capture and data submission forms, social network integration, security features, blog, data feed from official website etc;
- Quality Assurance (at least one month after launch);
- Documentation for on-going website maintenance (possible for consultant to be awarded maintenance contract at conclusion of this engagement); and
- Project Management.
Duration of Consultancy
The engagement is expected to last from August to December 2017.
Location of Work
This work can be performed remotely.
- 5+ years developing responsive websites and web applications;
- Expertise in UX and UI design;
- Dedicated project manager and strong track record of project management, able to communicate needs and expectations clearly and flag risks or delays immediately;
- Excellent verbal and written skills required with experience working with team;
- High responsiveness and quick turnaround;
- Ability to weigh editorial and design concerns against technical constraints;
- Ability to follow design guidelines;
- Expertise in SEO a plus; and
- Experience working with government and/or internationally, Southeast Asia and Indonesia specifically a plus.
Please submit your application by midnight EST Tuesday
August 15, 2017 August, 29, 2017.
Your application should include the below elements:
- cover letter;
- proposal, including but not limited to the following components:
- detailed budget, including hourly rate (budget cap: US$20-50,000);
- project team roles and responsibilities for the project; and
- samples of previous work (at least three);
- references (at least three)
Applicants may submit their question(s) in writing until August
15 29, 2017 to email@example.com. Please include in the e-mail subject line “Questions: Web Design, Indonesia’s National Financial Inclusion Council Secretariat.”
This RFP/RFQ does not guarantee or commit Women’s World Banking to proceeding with the above described work. Due to the overwhelming responses not all candidates will be contacted.
Women’s World Banking is an equal opportunity employer for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Q: We would like to get more clarity on your requirements. Would you have any documents that outlines detailed scope or requirements than the following link – https://www.womensworldbanking.org/jobs/rfp-web-design-indonesias-national-financial-inclusion-council-secretariat/. It would help us come up with apt solution and optimize cost.
A: We do not have this available – we would work with the vendor to determine the scope based on available budget, timeline and resources.
Q: Can you provide some sample/reference sites?
A: Please see below:
Q: How many web pages do you foresee in the web site?
A: At least six sections, maximum four sub-sections and ‘post’ type pages to host a blog and publication feed.
Q: Have you identified any hosting provider for this website? Or Do you want the vendor to host the new site.
A: There is no existing host provider. The vendor is welcome to recommend or host the site themselves.
Q: Are there any other features/ functionalities that you would like to see in the new website like multilingual, knowledge Management, community of practice, events, forums,news letter integration etc?
A: As stated in the RFP, the site must be bilingual (English and Bahasa Indonesia) and email capture forms for newsletter, content management for publications and a blog. Additional features may be considered for future iterations of the website but not in the first version.