- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
RFQ: Event Sponsorship Consultant (Individual)
ISSUE DATE: January 24, 2019
SUBMISSION DATE: February 7, 2019
Women’s World Banking is seeking an experienced individual consultant to provide specialized expertise and support in the area of events sponsorships on a part-time contract basis of approximately 12 months, starting in February 2019, with potential for a full-time contract or permanent position based on performance.
About Women’s World Banking
Women’s World Banking is the global leader in women’s financial inclusion. Rooted in our deep understanding of the women’s market, we tackle financial inclusion in three interconnected ways: first, by partnering with financial services providers to develop scalable market-driven solutions; second, through our gender-lens private equity fund; and, finally, because diverse institutions are proven to be stronger, we build institutional capacity through leadership and diversity programs. Through this holistic approach and our global reach of 49 institutions in 32 countries, we accelerate economic opportunity for low-income women and growth for financial service providers in the emerging markets.
About the Project(s)
Women’s World Banking will hold two major fundraising events in 2019; a 40th Anniversary Benefit on April 4th, 2019 in New York City and our Making Finance Work for Women Global Summit on October 22nd-23rd in Singapore. We have a combined fundraising goal of $1 million for the two events and are seeking a seasoned fundraiser with a wealth of experience in securing event sponsorships to assist with prospecting, pitching, and refining our overall sponsorship approach.
Objectives & Responsibilities
The consultant will provide feedback and insight on our event fundraising strategy and pitching materials, as well as support in securing funding through prospecting work and selling sponsorships to past and new supporters. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Review current sponsorship strategy and provide insight and direction for improvements
- Conduct prospecting research for sponsors for both the 40th Anniversary Benefit and Making Finance Work for Women Global Summit
- Sell sponsorships to prospects that the consultant develops as well as leads in our current pipeline through email, phone, and in-person meetings as appropriate
- Assist in the development of a sponsorship strategy for SE Asia-based companies to sponsor our Making Finance Work for Women Global Summit in Singapore
The consultant will work with a team from Women’s World Banking, including staff from our Communications and Development teams, as well as outside partners and supporters. The consultant will report directly to Women’s World Banking’s Executive Vice President, Corporate Engagement and Marketing.
Duration of Consultancy
Duration may range from nine to twelve months or longer, if necessary, with a start date in February 2019.
Location of Work
The consultant should be based in New York.
- 8-10 years fundraising experience with a focus on event sponsorships required
- Proven track record of success in closing event sponsorships at the $100k level and above required
- Past sponsorship consulting experience required
- Experience at women’s or financial inclusion-focused nonprofits preferred
- Experience with and knowledge of SE Asia fundraising landscape preferred
- Strong relationships with potential event sponsors required (e.g. corporates and high net worth individuals)
Please submit your application no later than February 7, 2019, at midnight EST. This application should include the following elements:
- Cover letter including proposed fee
- Details of experience/resume, including revenue raised through event sponsorships per event;
- Sample sponsorship strategies developed in the past; and
- 3 references;
Applicants may submit their question(s) in writing to email@example.com. Please include in the e-mail subject line “RFQ – Event Sponsorship Consultant (Individual).”
This RFQ does not guarantee or commit Women’s World Banking to proceeding with the above described work. Due to the overwhelming responses not all candidates will be contacted.