- About Us
- Research & Insights
- Product Innovation
- Leadership and Diversity
- Our Impact
- Take Action
RFQ: Knowledge Management Specialist
ISSUE DATE: June 25, 2018
SUBMISSION DATE: July 9, 2018
Women’s World Banking is seeking a knowledge management specialist with experience in all activities related to the documenting, sharing and storage of knowledge. The selected specialist will be awarded an on-call retainer contract. The first assignment will be a three to six-month full time engagement in New York to collect and structure key knowledge, catalog and archive documented knowledge, and develop an easy-to-use system for ongoing knowledge management.
About Women’s World Banking
Women’s World Banking is the global leader in women’s financial inclusion. Rooted in our deep understanding of the women’s market, we tackle financial inclusion in three interconnected ways: first, by partnering with financial services providers to develop scalable market-driven solutions; second, through our gender-lens private equity fund; and, finally, because diverse institutions are proven to be stronger, we build institutional capacity through leadership and diversity programs. Through this holistic approach and our global reach of 49 institutions in 32 countries, we develop financial solutions that help accelerate economic opportunity for low-income women and growth for financial service providers in the emerging markets.
About the Project
Women’s World Banking is seeking a knowledge management specialist to build and populate our knowledge management system. This project will include a wide variety of activities including identifying, managing, packaging and disseminating key information to advance Women’s World Banking’s position as a thought leader in Women’s Financial Inclusion, and to provide the organization the tools and knowledge they need to utilize the insights gathered to advance our work.
This project is an organization priority for Women’s World Banking and is essential to bring efficiency and consistency to the organization.
Objectives & Responsibilities
The objective of this engagement is to build and populate Women’s World Banking knowledge management system and to make the process smooth and useful for the organization as a whole.
The responsibilities of the knowledge management specialist, with guidance and input from Women’s World Banking, will include all activities related to the sharing and storing of knowledge. Such as:
- Identifying, Collecting and Packaging Key Information
- Working with team members and other professionals to identify key knowledge and insights, and knowledge gaps;
- Capturing the information from interviews, and other sources, in a written format;
- Validating information shared;
- Synthesizing the findings from the interviews; and
- Record the information in a structured, digital format for easy access for people in the organization.
- Cataloguing and Archiving Key Information:
- In addition to documenting key, validated information, the specialist will develop and maintain a knowledge management system and database.
- Catalog, tag and archive documented knowledge for easy access;
- Ensure safe storage of knowledge – Encrypt Information, in partnership with IT, so it cannot be manipulated, destroyed or otherwise get infected by viruses, malware, etc; and
- Develop a system for ongoing knowledge capture and management.
- Train the team:
- Once the system is built and populated, train the organization on how to use the system.
- Outstanding communication skills, including:
- ability to effectively work remotely, across time zones and team locations, as well in person with a small team of stakeholders;
- ability to initiate and facilitate interactions with people who can share their insights and knowledge
- Demonstrated experience conducting individual-level qualitative interviews;
- Know-how to validate, record and store knowledge in a useable, structured, digital format;
- Proficiency in a number of computer applications, including knowledge management databases and/or professional services applications;
- Ability to distill learnings into a well-documented story so the reader understands the necessary context and insights;
- Ability to work in ambiguous environments, with minimal structure;
- Attentive to detail;
- Fluency in English required and Spanish preferred;
- Experience working in emerging markets preferred; and
- Familiarity and experience with financial inclusion preferred.
The duration of the first engagement will be three to six months, starting as soon as possible, and working full-time through the initial development of the knowledge management system. Minimal travel may be required.
The specialist will be procured under an on-call retainer contract for the period of one year. Women’s World Banking may extend the contract at the organization’s discretion.
Please submit your application by July 9, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST.
Applications must include the following elements:
- Cover Letter, including:
- Summary of capacity and experience, along with examples of relevant prior work
- Summary of proposed knowledge capture and management approach, including methods, processes and tools as relevant
- Summary of availability, along with any times when availability is limited
- Daily rate***
- Two references
***APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT SHARE DAILY RATES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
This RFQ does not guarantee or commit Women’s World Banking to proceeding with the above described work. Due to the overwhelming responses not all candidates will be contacted.
Women’s World Banking is an equal opportunity employer for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Women’s World Banking will be unable to contract with any individual who is US citizen or resident without an LLC or LP or similar structure.