RFQ: Program Manager for South Asia – Mumbai
Women’s World Banking is seeking to recruit Program Manager to be based out of Mumbai to
design and implement a project in collaboration with NABARD and Regional Rural Banks.
About the project
The project aims to facilitate the “Jan Dhan Plus” solution implementation by the identified Rural Regional Banks or RRBs, in partnership with NABARD. The project aims that as a part of the implementation the solution, RRBs launch a small savings scheme called “Jan Dhan Plus”, they undertake targeted communication and outreach that welcomes customers, in particular, women and provides them nudges to take action, strengthening of the BC channel to help skill agents and enable them to become more relationship oriented; thus resulting in a more engaged PMJDY customers, with increased uptake of other products such as emergency credit (OD), accident insurance (PMSBY), life insurance (PMJJBY) and APY (pension).
Roles and Responsibilities
The project would include:
- Setting up the “Jan Dhan Plus” project processes at NABARD included but not limited to notification of the program Jan Dhan Plus” scheme and monitoring and evaluation of individual replication initiative
- Developing the materials for the cohort (defined as a group of RRBs) based replication program
- Conducting and monitoring the 4 month “Jan Dhan Plus” replication program with a cohort of identified RRBs in collaboration with NABARD. Facilitating the implementation through capacity building, setting up required processes and periodic support (in-field and remote) to the RRBs’ participants during the program, including the opportunity to troubleshoot any challenges that these RRB participants might face.
We are looking for a strong development finance expert who will be responsible for the following:
- Program designing and creating an action plan – Design the Jan Dhan Plus program launch with NABARD and Regional Rural Banks
- Overall program management of rolling out and scaling up of the project with all the identified RRB’s(cohorts)
- Coordinate with Project Manager’s for the smooth execution of the project
- Oversee and support the design, development, implementation, and testing of the various strategies, engagements in close coordination with the key stake holders
- Play a strong role and serve as the key project liaison between the stake holders (NABARD its zonal/regional offices(as appropriate), RRB’s, Project team and Women's World Banking) during all project phases
- Facilitate formation of steering committee comprising key members of the NABARD and RRBs key/nominated officials as per requirements
- Based on the data of the RRBs (base, agents associated, performance, management) profile the RRBs and devise a plan for rollout. Contextualize the program and marketing material for the RRBs serviced by BIRD, Lucknow and assist in building toolkits and required templates
- Assess the first cohort implementation of the program and refine the program
- Work with WWB team/ training arms for the translations
- Collect information on the program/ MIS and help review & refine
- Regularly monitor and communicate project performance, sharing of project presentations, insights and updates with the steering committee and project team on a fortnightly/monthly basis, or as may be required
- Set up the performance & monitoring framework of the program Customise the program based on the field learnings, time to time feedback from key stakeholders and programme requirements
- Design capacity building & training programs for the client and their partners.
- Present recommendations in a business-friendly way that identifies any issues, details business/client impact, and build a business case and consensus for implementation.
Assist in the implementation of second stage of the implementation across 3 locations, set up review mechanisms and handover the final program.
- Candidates residing in Mumbai or willing to shift her/his base to Mumbai for a period of 1 years is a must.
- MBA or post graduate with relevant professional experience of a minimum of 10 Years’ experience in Development finance/Microfinance/ Livelihoods Programmes/MFIs/ Microfinance consulting and Credit Cooperatives.
- Experience in Microfinance operations, supporting and handholding NGO’s/community based organizations
- Strong project planning, implementation, presentation and coordination skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Strong ability to inspire and influence others
- Strong interest in access to financial services among un/underbanked segment
- Willingness and Enthusiastic to travel for about 1-2 weeks in a month to meet potential partners and support in overall programme implementation.
- Fluency in English and Hindi is must, in one or more regional languages will be added advantage
How to Apply
Applications must be received no later than April 30, 2023 at midnight GMT.
Please include the below in your application:
- Cover letter, including the below elements:
- A brief statement of your capacity to complete this work, listing similar projects and completed/relevant organizational experience;
- Expected monthly remuneration; and
- References (at least two).
- Resume / CV
Applicants may submit their question(s) in writing until April 25, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the e-mail subject line “Questions: For the role of Program Manager”
This RFP/RFQ does not guarantee or commit Women’s World Banking to proceeding with the above described work. Due to the overwhelming responses not all candidates will be contacted.
About Women's World Banking
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
For over 40 years, Women’s World Banking has partnered with financial institutions, showing them the benefit of investing in women as customers. We equip these institutions with in-depth research and data driven insights to develop financial products and educational programs. While our clients are financial service providers, our mission is to engage consumers – women who are marginalized by financial systems.
Women’s World Banking and WWB Asset Management is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.