RFP: Marketing and Capacity Development Firm, Colombia (WAM)
WWB Asset Management seeks an experienced marketing and capacity development firm to support Aflore, a financial service provider in Colombia, with the development and implementation of a marketing strategy as well as training and engagement program for primarily women informal advisors. Individual firms or consortia of qualified firms are encouraged to apply.
About WWB Asset Management (“WAM”)
WAM is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Women’s World Banking, Inc., headquartered in New York City. It manages the Women’s World Banking impact investment program, including a co-managed USD 50M private equity fund, WWB Capital Partners, LP, and a solely-managed USD 103M private equity fund, WWB Capital Partners II (“WWBCP II” or “the Fund”). The latter fund is a Mauritius-based blended finance limited partnership, with a dedicated, grant-funded, side-car technical assistance program. WWBCP II makes direct minority equity investments in high-performing, women-focused inclusive finance institutions worldwide, and provides technical assistance to improve client and staff gender diversity, in accordance with the impact investment program established by Women’s World Banking.
Aflore is a financial services provider, operating in Colombia, that distributes financial products (mainly loans and insurance) through a community of Informal Advisors (IAs). Aflore recruits, trains and supports those IAs with a combination of a digital platform and a centralized call center, to help them find potential clients, that these IAs refer to Aflore for its products and services.
Roles and Responsibilities
WAM is working on a technical assistance program with Aflore in Colombia to achieve the following objectives:
1) Increase recruitment of Informal Advisors, especially women, by developing and implementing a strategic marketing strategy, both on- and off-line
2) Increase activity of new and existing Informal Advisors by enhancing the existing onboarding, training and engagement plan
3) Enhanced income generation for Informal Advisors through fee generation for successful loan applications and enhanced financial inclusion for clients
- Analyze the current market positioning, branding and market awareness of Aflore among both Informal Advisors and clients
- Diagnose the effectiveness of current marketing strategies, including online and offline strategies
- Review the IA recruitment, onboarding, and engagement strategy and effectiveness of different initiatives
- Understand required support of Informal Advisors
- Create a competitor analysis
- Marketing strategy development
- Redefine value proposition of Aflore and target audience
- Develop marketing strategy to increase brand awareness and positioning to be executed through both on- and offline channels (paid digital marketing, organic digital and street marketing)
- Set targets for outreach to Informal Advisors and clients
- Implementation of marketing strategy
- Develop marketing material: digital (videos, ads, banners, blogs, etc.), and physical (inserts, flyers, etc.) to support brand awareness and specific communication needs through the entire IA journey
- Launch marketing campaigns to execute the defined strategy, covering the whole cycle (awareness, interest, desire, action) to help Aflore reposition the brand and deliver the desired value proposition and specific call to action messages
- Support recruitment efforts of Informal Advisors: create a 360 strategy at both digital and offline channels to bring new IAs with the right profile, with a specific focus on executing in the street though canvassing, community events etc.
- Support onboarding and training program
- Revise and update onboarding and training material with a focus on strategies to find new customers and identify the right customer profile
- Develop in-person and online training modules
- Train the Aflore team on relevant models (train the trainer)
- Revise and update the IA engagement strategy to ensure ongoing activity of new and existing IAs
Duration of Consultancy
The firm selected will be offered a 12-month retainer contract, with the expectation that this project will be completed within a 6-month timeframe. Activities are estimated to begin in August 2023.
- Experience developing marketing strategies for financial service providers in Colombia
- Experience with both online as well as offline marketing strategies
- Experience with developing digital and in-person onboarding and training modules
- Experience in capacity development and employee engagement programs
- Experience targeting the informal worker and entrepreneur segment in Colombia
- Specific experience with direct sales, door to door businesses is a plus
- Proactive project management skills
How to Apply
Applications can be submitted in English or Spanish.
Please submit your proposal, including but not limited to the following components:
- proposal of work product
- detailed fee proposal
- timeline to fulfill a deliverable
- project team roles and responsibilities for the project.
Applicants may submit their question(s) in writing until June 26, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the e-mail subject line “Questions: Marketing and Capacity Development Firm for Colombia”.
About Women's World Banking
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
For over 40 years, Women’s World Banking has partnered with financial institutions, showing them the benefit of investing in women as customers. We equip these institutions with in-depth research and data driven insights to develop financial products and educational programs. While our clients are financial service providers, our mission is to engage consumers – women who are marginalized by financial systems.
Women’s World Banking and WWB Asset Management is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.